Need Help Identifying Growth on Rocks

raklassen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, I need a little help identifying some growth that has started popping up on my rocks and what is the best way to treat it.

Tank is an IM 30L. It’s relatively new. I’ve had it up and running for right at 4 months. Just a couple of clown fish in there now (no coral). I just turned the lights on last week after going “lights out” for 4 months. Within a day or 2 of lights being on I’ve noticed small patches of something growing on my rock. It’s brownish in color. It’s not growing super fast, but I can tell it has grown some since having lights on the last 3-4 days. And I’ve noticed it’s starting to show up in other areas in small spots.

Im still a “newbie” to the hobby and this is my first salt water tank. If anyone could help me identify what this growth is, and the best way to stop it before it gets out of control, I would greatly appreciate it.

70E105B1-CF3E-4764-9E7F-E190507D71A2.jpeg FD887CCD-F896-4D9F-B81B-7F8551C1A7FB.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back