Need help identifying possible aquarium pest

willforr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m new to this platform, just wondering if anyone could identify this little creature that suddenly has popped up all over my tank. It is small and hard to get a good picture of it, so you may have to zoom in a little. I think he hitchhiked onto my Kenya tree I just placed a few days ago. If any of you guys know anything about it, it would be of much help, thanks.

3CA8019D-8ADB-46B8-9C5D-4597444B1A14.jpeg 5FE60B01-C42A-4205-BB0C-F9CA1DBB8567.jpeg

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 50 gallon all in one system, are they harmful?
aggravating to look at and can become an issue with die off when you try to kill them once extremely overpopulated in the system. if it's a relatively new system you can use the flatworm exit and shouldn't have any issues with die off from using it. some people just let them be, their numbers will go up/down dramatically over time and sometimes they'll just disappear. you can also get fish that will eat them, a 6 line or melanurus wrasse work pretty good at it.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it looks like your tank is relative new, I would recommend getting rid of them now. Otherwise you might wish you had later when killing them all off is more problematic.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back