Need help identifying this

Luis_Rosario

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed it on the rock, it looks like algae it is white color but I don’t know if I should try to remove it, I noticed it before in the back glass of the tank but I scraped it off and now it is on the rock , it is a small patch but I want to know before it spreads just to be cautious.
I know it is not the best pictures. I’ll try to get better pictures later.

Thank You.

71F98B5C-2CA9-4E59-9EEA-CECCEDE0FDB2.jpeg 4ED8C44C-041D-4A43-B1B9-51C3A69D423B.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5440.MOV
    6.3 MB

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be pretty difficult to eradicate. Some have tried the various methods for aiptasia with some success. Certain fish, like some wrasses for example, will eat them. Many hydroids will die off on their own as the tank matures. You can always manually remove any that seem to be encroaching on corals.

OP
OP
Luis_Rosario

Luis_Rosario

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be pretty difficult to eradicate. Some have tried the various methods for aiptasia with some success. Certain fish, like some wrasses for example, will eat them. Many hydroids will die off on their own as the tank matures. You can always manually remove any that seem to be encroaching on corals.
Thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back