Need Help Identifying what’s on my Coral

Robert_Popa_918

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the reef hobby a little over 2 years as of now. Things have been pretty smooth sailing for the most part. I was doing one of my normal nightly routines which was to take a turkey baster and blast around all the detritus out of the rocks and to be sucked into the filter. This time around I noticed something odd on my Lobo coral. I’ve had this coral a little over 7 months now and this “thing” was never there or it was at least so small that I’ve never noticed it. I’m guessing it might be some type of pest. Not really sure. It sorta looks like an aiptasia but all white. I’ve got some aiptasia down at the bottom of my coral as well which I’m going to use a products from Red Sea on. But these white things I’m not really sure what they are. My corals have been doing really well though so maybe it might just be the lobo coral producing another head? The lights in the aquarium were just turned on shortly late at night for the photo but they’re usually really large and healthy looking. Whatever the thing is that’s on my lobo coral, it doesn’t seem to bother the coral. Does anyone know what’s on my coral? And if it’s a pest, what can I do to get rid of it? Excuse the cloudy water by the way. This picture was taken just after blowing the detritus out of the rocks

BEBA7BEA-30E9-4BD6-9FD8-35D1E7C5A017.jpeg

OP
OP
Robert_Popa_918

Robert_Popa_918

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh okay. Thank you! So these are not harmful to my corals then? Either way I’d like to remove them because I’m not a fan of how they look on my coral. Do you know what’s the best way to remove them?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back