Need help ID'ing hitchhiker on my Acan frag

GCNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team,

Just noticed this little fellow growing off the side of my Acan frag's skeleton looking for ID.

Frag has been in the tank for about a week and a half and I've just noticed this fellow in the last 3 or 4 days or so.

Any ID's or recommendations?

20210217_142322.jpg
20210217_142307.jpg

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that appears to be an aiptasia which is a very invasive pest anemone. Typically the best thing to do is get a small glob of epoxy or super glue and cover it completely so it can’t spread, you don’t want these guys in your tank!

OP
OP
G

GCNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that appears to be an aiptasia which is a very invasive pest anemone. Typically the best thing to do is get a small glob of epoxy or super glue and cover it completely so it can’t spread, you don’t want these guys in your tank!
I've got some Gorilla Glue Epoxy at home now, do you know if it's reefsafe or am I better off grabbing some superglue to use?

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some Gorilla Glue Epoxy at home now, do you know if it's reefsafe or am I better off grabbing some superglue to use?
I’m unsure if the gorilla glue epoxy is safe, I was refering to one of the many brands of epoxy made for use in reef tanks but if you don’t have those I would favor classic super glue gel (gorilla glues super glue gel version is reef safe).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back