Need Help!! Newbies trying to set up AI Prime 16HD light

mischreef813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are very new to reef and saltwater and have no clue how to set up our light for out 40g cube. Please help!!! We have watched many YouTube videos and are still not sure what to do. We have 3 new corals that are LPS and 2 Clowns, a 6 Line Wrasse and a Goby. (idk if that even matters lol) Can post pics if need be. We just don't know how to set up our light. The easy set up didn't seem to do anything, but again we are not sure. Any help would be appreciated! TIA

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you manage to pair the light to the APP ?

If so, start with any schedule and turn it down low and use the acclimation mode for 3-4 weeks. That will give you time to do more research and decide on what schedule you want and you can switch it later.

You can bring everything up or down at once by pinching with 2 fingers.

Upvote 0

Jonsey87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I also have a 40g cube with an AI prime 16hd. Can you tell me what schedule you ended up using by chance?

Upvote 0

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are very new to reef and saltwater and have no clue how to set up our light for out 40g cube. Please help!!! We have watched many YouTube videos and are still not sure what to do. We have 3 new corals that are LPS and 2 Clowns, a 6 Line Wrasse and a Goby. (idk if that even matters lol) Can post pics if need be. We just don't know how to set up our light. The easy set up didn't seem to do anything, but again we are not sure. Any help would be appreciated! TIA
I’ve got a prime 32, the key is the app, It connected through your wifi network. Download the app and make sure it’s done its update. You can force it to do it through its settings in the app. Then it’s a case of downloading a schedule. This is available online, if you are running an iPhone it downloads into notes, you then have to get the app to read it. I would say this, I am a total technophobe and once I got the thing talking to the app, it was dead easy.

Upvote 0
Back