Need help on some ID's

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
first this is all over my tank and I'm not sure what it is but it's nothing that I added and is probably bad because that's how it works right? Lol And then a couple zoa ID's

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad
The last pic might be Utter Chaos if you can get a better picture it would help.
Did the rock come from someone still wet? It kind of looks like baby galaxy, but I really doubt that is what it is. I've never seen green corynactis, but it exists. Hidden cup coral, but is there a calcium skeleton to it? Doesn't really look like mojano anemones either.

The other zoas, ah..not everything has a name, but I am not a zoo expert.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first noticed it on the back of my glass in two spots. Maybe 1/4"-3/8" is all the bigger they've gotten. Noticed one on a rock today and started to look closer and I counted maybe 15 spread out. Looks like a mouth, and green tip tentacles. I thought some sort of pest nem but idk. No calcium base, at least not that I can tell. Haven't tried taking them off the glass or rocks, some things spread that way and until I know what it is I'll leave it alone lol.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With them appearing on the glass, I am going to have to think type of anemone corynactis or mojano. Baby corals would be possible in a mature tank, but not one new like yours. If the rock was kept wet when you moved it I could see that one the rock work, but on the glass is super suspect.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics 1 & 2, green corynactis (ball-tip anemones). Pic 4, featherdusters (harmless filter-feeders) on a zoa rock. Is that a baby mithrax crab on the bottom left corner?
Thanks! Not a crab and I was hoping for the name of the zoas with the feather dusters.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With them appearing on the glass, I am going to have to think type of anemone corynactis or mojano. Baby corals would be possible in a mature tank, but not one new like yours. If the rock was kept wet when you moved it I could see that one the rock work, but on the glass is super suspect.
Yea all of my rock was dried and cured in garbage cans before it went into the tank. I have added 3 pieces of live rock from other peoples systems, I know terrible idea, but I wanted the coral and anemone lol. Next question, is it problem, how do I get rid of it?

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad
The last pic might be Utter Chaos if you can get a better picture it would help.
Did the rock come from someone still wet? It kind of looks like baby galaxy, but I really doubt that is what it is. I've never seen green corynactis, but it exists. Hidden cup coral, but is there a calcium skeleton to it? Doesn't really look like mojano anemones either.

The other zoas, ah..not everything has a name, but I am not a zoo expert.

What is the reef squad?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the reef squad?
It is a select group of users who have been selected, generally for their expertise in any number of reef keeping type knowledge to help answer questions and provide knowledge to the community. Some are disease experts, or pest experts, or lighting experts or so on and so forth. If you "hash tag reefsquad" we all get a notification.

Mr. Bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a select group of users who have been selected, generally for their expertise in any number of reef keeping type knowledge to help answer questions and provide knowledge to the community. Some are disease experts, or pest experts, or lighting experts or so on and so forth. If you "hash tag reefsquad" we all get a notification.

And if you click on the hashtag, it shows the members and their last activity. :)

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5864.JPG So I stumbled across a little whitish/ clear starfish looking thing on my glass and started googling. From what the little green jerks look like and from what the things on my glass look like, I think I have colonial hydroids o_O

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks kind of like where it all may have started... how do I get the nem out of the rock to remove it.

IMG_5865.JPG

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just busted open the rock, took out the nem, and hoping for the best. Anyway, busted the rock open and found a ton of brittle stars, a couple asterina, and this krill looking thing. Any idea what that is. The black thing floating on top of the water.

IMG_5866.JPG

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. What about the hydroids... I've been reading really really bad things lol

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture may be ball anemones.I am not sure on the zoanthids or what to do about the hydroids.

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture may be ball anemones.I am not sure on the zoanthids or what to do about the hydroids.
That's what I was leaning towards too but I think they're hydroids. From reading that I've been doing and the pictures that I've come across i have an issue on my hands. Seems the neon green ones aren't common but they exist...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back