Need Help Please! New tank Build

MatrixMoncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself in a precarious situation. After An Array of issues, My original Tank is no longer available for my DIY Reef project.
My stand is solid at 36"W x 20"D. I have a 20 Long with a Fiji Cube sump kit that will house a brs 300w heater, a red sea rsk-300 skimmer, a clarisea 5k fleece roller and a Sicce 7.0 SDC return pump controllable at 800-1900 gph " hoping to extend the life of the pump by running it at bare minimum", an aqua ultraviolet 15w UV sterilizer and a pair of BRS media reactors for carbon and gfo to start. Will add sm. ReFuge after cycling.

I bought the new Eshopps Prodigy L overflow rated at up to 900 gph for my tank.
I dont want to use too cheap of tanks for my display but am in a budget crunch at the same time. So im down to a seaclear 50 gal or a Clear for life 65 gal.

My primary concern and questions are about lighting and flow!
I am mildly concerned that i might have went too overkill on the return pump with such a low flow rated overflow.
But, my bigger concern is that since these two tanks are not completely open on top. What can i use "hopefully without dropping $1800 on radions" to push enough par through the partially covered by clear acrylic areas of the top of these tanks????????
Or am i stuck scrapping the idea of using them?

Prefered LPS dominant with few softies and a couple of sps. (FYI)

Any assistance in these areas would be greatly appreciated!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can take care of lighting for half that cost. I'd recommend a kessil ap9x. I'm a kessil slappy and love their look.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my reefbreeder photons! Definitely check those out for the lighting side, they have par numbers on their site also to give you an idea.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back