Need help! Sick foxface with severe cloudy eye

ENVY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need Help. Have a fox face that is sick, Had him about a year. About 7 days ago my one spot fox face slowly stopped having an appetite. About 4 days ago I noticed he started having a cloudy eye, In the last 48 hours I put in furan 2 and kanaplex into a QT tank thinking it was a bacterial infection. Today he is still getting worse. Left eye completely white and glazed, right eye is slightly. He is swimming on the top of the tank for the most part. Almost looks like a shark/dolphin with his fin out of water. (I have lots of aeration via a wavemaker.) When is not doing that, he seems clumsy. Not sure if it's because of the blindness or something internal as well.

I have been on google, can it be flukes? The last fish I added was about 2 1/2 months ago. No other fish are showing symptoms. Would be great to have someone's option who seen this before. Don't really want to do my first freshwater dip on extremely skittish venomous fish if it's not needed.

Here is a picture. Sorry for the awful quality since of the furan in the water. This the best I can get.
20190716_222923.jpg

20190716_220844.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is such a thing as eye flukes. I felt with that on an orbic batfish many years ago. Give it a quick Google and see if that rings any bells

TheLost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert.. but i have/had the same issue with my Yellow Tang and Trigger. My tang was too far gone and lost his battle yesterday, but PraziPro has been helping my Trigger.

Hopefully, somebody else smarter than me can chime in.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefsquad

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a secondary infection from a fluke affliction. I have had a sailfin that had an eye that looked as bad as the foxface that healed completely on its own just after using prazi to remove the flukes. Sometimes it may take some antibacterial medication as well. Attacking the cause first is the best way to go about it then cleaning up any infection with meds as needed.

ChiSox Rabbitfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface went through something similar about 4-5 months ago garlic pellets,cleaner shrimp and some good nori got him through it and some luck

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back