Need help stocking my 20g long nano reef

FriedReef TV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g long and only have LR and one misbar clownfish in there by himself. im going to add another clown for him, but what else should I add? (need a good cuc too) my tank is cycled although I haven't gotten hardly any algae growth or a diatom outbreak yet.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef !!!!
Blennies are nice additions to have

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g long and only have LR and one misbar clownfish in there by himself. im going to add another clown for him, but what else should I add? (need a good cuc too) my tank is cycled although I haven't gotten hardly any algae growth or a diatom outbreak yet.
How old is the system? Diatoms should be everywhere, lol. I would add blennys! almost any type will do, but not more than 2 with the clowns in the 20. theres a lot of cut options, and some pretty cool ones. pincushion urchins is a good option, so are shrimps of all sorts, lots of different crabs and such you could go with. Are you planning on a reef tonk or fish only?

OP
OP
FriedReef TV

FriedReef TV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the system? Diatoms should be everywhere, lol. I would add blennys! almost any type will do, but not more than 2 with the clowns in the 20. theres a lot of cut options, and some pretty cool ones. pincushion urchins is a good option, so are shrimps of all sorts, lots of different crabs and such you could go with. Are you planning on a reef tonk or fish only?
I got diatoms about a week ago but they haven't gone away. I'm planning to do a reef tank. I have a clown and a banggai cardinal

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got diatoms about a week ago but they haven't gone away. I'm planning to do a reef tank. I have a clown and a banggai cardinal
Awesome, I love banggais. Tail Spot Blenny is a nice addition. They keep a lot of different types of algae at bay. Plus, they're cute and cheap! Whatever you decide on, add the clown last. Once the clowns pair up they will be extremely territorial, and really own the whole 20 gallons. Something else you could try is a Fire fish, Goby Pistol Shrimp pairs are pretty neat as well!

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, don't worry about the diatoms. They appear in every new tank, and will take a while to be completely under control. My 30 reef is 2 months old and I have to clean the glass nearly every day still, lol. How old is our tank?

CJD18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody want to trade for a couple of damsels I have???

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back