Need help/suggestions on my sumo for my 125

Chalfant30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…. I had a cichlid tank and got bored. Had a planted tank for about 2 years and I’m even more bored now, lol. Now I’ve done a bunch of research and I want to run with a reef tank. My problem… I ordered my RO/DI system, my return pump for my sump, my overflow kit (https://www.exoticmarinesystems.com/collections/overflows-systems/products/35-overflow-kit), etc. I bought a 40 gallon breeder tank today and it doesn’t fit in my stand, too wide. And, I’m on a concrete slab so no basement where the tank is. I looked into a 55 for my sump but the height doesn’t work. My question, can I run a 29 gallon sump or is this too small? If it’s too small, the only thing I can think of (besides buying a new stand which isn’t an option) is to run 2 - 29 gallon sumps. Is this stupid/unnecessary? It would be costly bc now I’m buying 2 pumps, 2 overflow kits, etc. But, I can’t think of another option. If this is a decent idea, can 1 sump be less “advanced“ than the other. For an example, would I now need 2 skimmers? My brain is fried, help. Lol

OP
OP
C

Chalfant30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw an option of putting 2 sumps under the tank and joining them with a pipe/bulk head fitting. Has anyone done this? Or, does anyone see a problem with doing this? I would think Id want (2) 29 gallon tanks joined with like a 3” pipe. Maybe socks and skimmer in one tank, refugium and return in the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back