Need help to find out what's wrong with my Blonde Naso Tang

Khubaibalavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started chemiclean process yesterday and like 20 hours later I saw big spots/blotches on my Blonde Naso Tang (See pics), I do see some sign of skin peeling off as well. I am not sure if it's due to stress or some disease so need help.

The oxygen level in tank is good while I am running the chemiclean process, I have skimmer running with no cup and powerheads directed towards surface, also tested O2 and my PH was running at 8.24 when I noticed it. The Naso is in the tank for over a month now, so far it's eating well and no sign of any other issues . Other fishes in tank are doing good so far. Any help would be highly appreciated.

viber_image_2020-10-20_13-23-47.jpg viber_image_2020-10-20_13-23-47-1.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the naso have lesions on both sides of its body? Chemiclean appears to be erythromycin, that sometimes impacts your beneficial bacteria, so you should check your ammonia levels. Do you have a treatment tank you can use?

Jay

OP
OP
K

Khubaibalavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jay, it's only on one side. I will double check ammonia to make sure it's not going up. Also in a process to catch it and put in QT. Any suggestions on what treatment method should I use?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back