Need Help - White spots on clownfish (first tank)

missnoname123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Wanted to ask your help with identifying if something is wrong with my fish (I suspect so) and if yes what can I do to help him. Tank is fairly new, about 5 months old and got this fish about 3 months ago. He is eating and swimming fine, but I've noticed some spots on him 2 days ago. I'm not sure if he's breathing heavily, sometimes he'll open his mouth wide but doesn't do it all the time. I've read up a lot of info on the forum, it's been very helpful but it's hard for me to identify whether I should treat him and with what (don't want to do any harm). All the other tankmates - shrimp, hermits, emerald crab, urchin, as well as a smaller second clown, pajama cardinal, and yellow goby are completely fine. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Would hate to lose him :(

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,
Wanted to ask your help with identifying if something is wrong with my fish (I suspect so) and if yes what can I do to help him. Tank is fairly new, about 5 months old and got this fish about 3 months ago. He is eating and swimming fine, but I've noticed some spots on him 2 days ago. I'm not sure if he's breathing heavily, sometimes he'll open his mouth wide but doesn't do it all the time. I've read up a lot of info on the forum, it's been very helpful but it's hard for me to identify whether I should treat him and with what (don't want to do any harm). All the other tankmates - shrimp, hermits, emerald crab, urchin, as well as a smaller second clown, pajama cardinal, and yellow goby are completely fine. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Would hate to lose him :(

There is sound but no video.
opening wide may be flukes as would be clamped fins, heavy breathing and lethargic behavior including flashing and darting across tank.
Anything is right now a guess and video or pics under white lighting helpful. White dots may be lesions which they get at times.

OP
OP
M

missnoname123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is sound but no video.
opening wide may be flukes as would be clamped fins, heavy breathing and lethargic behavior including flashing and darting across tank.
Anything is right now a guess and video or pics under white lighting helpful. White dots may be lesions which they get at times.
Thank you for replying! He's definitely not flashing, haven't seen him doing it at all, not really lethargic, looks normal, also eating fine. Eyes look a bit blurry to me today, especially in comparison with the second clown that I have, but I'm not really sure since it's my first time and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring it all out. I've reuploaded it to youtube just in case, hopefully this worked -

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for replying! He's definitely not flashing, haven't seen him doing it at all, not really lethargic, looks normal, also eating fine. Eyes look a bit blurry to me today, especially in comparison with the second clown that I have, but I'm not really sure since it's my first time and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring it all out. I've reuploaded it to youtube just in case, hopefully this worked -

Unfortunately video is a little blurry but you can try a 5 minute freshwater dip same temperature as display tank and see if fish looks better. If so, let us know

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to open the original video - the clownfish has ich. You will need to move all of the fish to a treatment tank and treat with coppersafe or hyposalinity. I can walk you through the process if you need....

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back