Need help with anemone

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rose bubble tip anemone has decided that my acan colony is where it wants to be how do I get it off the coral

LCC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rose bubble tip anemone has decided that my acan colony is where it wants to be how do I get it off the coral
I am guessing it has attached its self on top of the acans. I have never removed an anemone from rock or glass but i have seen it done. My understanding is that if you damage the foot you will lose the anemone, which contradicts cutting them for propagation. If you agitate the foot with a soft toothbrush or other object it should start to let go. Agitate not damage, be very gentle during the process. Continue agitation until it completely lets go. One thing to remember about Anemones, they pick their spot on the tank not you. That is the down side to having them in mixed reefs. let it settle in a spot assuming it stays there and place your corals accordingly.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have released them from LR by putting the LR with the BTA sitting atop the LR over a bucket until they turn loose and go into the bucket. No damage was done. I have also taken ice packs and applied it to the base/foot area and they release, but probably would not do so in this case with the coral there.

OP
OP
D

Doug 7727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing it has attached its self on top of the acans. I have never removed an anemone from rock or glass but i have seen it done. My understanding is that if you damage the foot you will lose the anemone, which contradicts cutting them for propagation. If you agitate the foot with a soft toothbrush or other object it should start to let go. Agitate not damage, be very gentle during the process. Continue agitation until it completely lets go. One thing to remember about Anemones, they pick their spot on the tank not you. That is the down side to having them in mixed reefs. let it settle in a spot assuming it stays there and place your corals accordingly.
It attached to the bottom of the rock my acans are on I moved it to where the rock was on top of the anemone hopefully by the time I get from out of town for work which should be tomorrow sometime I hope it decided to move if not I might be losing an anemone

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It attached to the bottom of the rock my acans are on I moved it to where the rock was on top of the anemone hopefully by the time I get from out of town for work which should be tomorrow sometime I hope it decided to move if not I might be losing an anemone

It sounds like it settled happy with flow and light. Perhaps you could temporarily move the rock to a position in hopes it would move again. Just a thought.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back