Need help with aP9x

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a two month old Kessil aP9x from a local reefer. No box or documentation. I'm trying to connect to the device but don't know where to find the S/N on the device.

Can someone tell me where I can find the serial number on the device?

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there -

The serial number on the device is on the top panel on a sticker. It should start with L4.

If you need some other assistance, give us a call and we can walk you through - 510.620.5205.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there -

The serial number on the device is on the top panel on a sticker. It should start with L4.

If you need some other assistance, give us a call and we can walk you through - 510.620.5205.

Yeah. I don't see any sticker anywhere on the light...unless it's underneath the mount...which I don't have the hex key for.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I don't see any sticker anywhere on the light...unless it's underneath the mount...which I don't have the hex key for.
It is right underneath where the bracket attaches. It's a pretty standard hex key so you can pop it off pretty easily.

The serial number is the same as the wifi SSID that is broadcast by the unit as well. So if you take a look at what WiFi network is being broadcast, that can give you the serial number too.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is right underneath where the bracket attaches. It's a pretty standard hex key so you can pop it off pretty easily.

The serial number is the same as the wifi SSID that is broadcast by the unit as well. So if you take a look at what WiFi network is being broadcast, that can give you the serial number too.

That solution worked. Thanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back