Need Help with BlueAcro AcroStar Pendant Build for 375g Tank

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived off West ave L8 shortly after that.
My two concerns about the nanobox puck is that I am not going to have a canopy and those lights don't have optics.
I like my lights high above the tank and worry I would not get good penetration and or too much light spilling into the room. My second concern is that with the leds spaced so much further apart than the lumia I worry about color mixing (disco ball effects).
Maybe I should try one out. Do you know how big the puck is? I kind of have my heart set on pendants.
Thanks for the help!

I think my elementary school was on L8...Valley View Elementary.

I believe the nanobox pucks are about 1 1/2" square, and the board is 1 1/2" x 2" to allow room for the soldering pads. There is hardly any disco effect with them because of their spectrum. There are no reds or greens, they get that spectrum through the use of mint and warm/neutral whites, which all blend well together. If you like hanging lights high though, there aren't any optics that I am aware of that fit the puck. I do like the acrostar optics and diffusers for that situation.

U

User1

View Badges
AcroStar Mega4z Pro's are blue - no doubt about it. Here are mine powered up at 75% power via my Apex. I've not tried to blend or tune any of the colors since I'm still moving over another pair of LED multi-channels that have more lime. This is just testing various height levels on the canopy I'm getting ready to build and test the wiring. Tank is 30" tall 54" wide and 30" deep. 4 of the AcroStar Mega4z with diffusers are getting full spread/coverage. Once I space them out more evenly, align properly, and get canopy skinned I think they will be more than enough.

rl1.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back