Need help with hard plumbing return on waterbox reef 100.3

Buddha51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to hard plumb my return pump and put a metric to standard piece on the return area. Has anyone done it on their WB? I was planning on purchasing the exact park from waterbox (part 13) to see if I can cut it without having to make any changes to my tank since my tank has LS.

A1C8252B-10CE-4FDA-B6DF-DD3157763236.png

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure those sizes are generic across all the tanks. You will have to get a metric thread to standard slip to hard line it down to your return if you aren't looking to replace that whole part. They barely have a nub of metric pipe coming out of the union into that threaded "T" should be a 25mm fitting at least thats what mine is on my 55.2 frag.

The other easier option IMO is use this.

That union should screw right onto your current bulkhead so you can plumb down a 3/4 hard line to your sump. Im going to be using the same thing this weekend to plumb in a larger sump for my system.

OP
OP
Buddha51

Buddha51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure those sizes are generic across all the tanks. You will have to get a metric thread to standard slip to hard line it down to your return if you aren't looking to replace that whole part. They barely have a nub of metric pipe coming out of the union into that threaded "T" should be a 25mm fitting at least thats what mine is on my 55.2 frag.

The other easier option IMO is use this.

That union should screw right onto your current bulkhead so you can plumb down a 3/4 hard line to your sump. Im going to be using the same thing this weekend to plumb in a larger sump for my system.
Thank you. I just bought this 25:3/4. How about the connection to the manifolds. What did you do?

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I just bought this 25:3/4. How about the connection to the manifolds. What did you do?
You can get rid of the manifold altogether. The 25mm to 3/4 union will thread directly to the bottom side of your bulkhead. If your planning on keeping it i would just add a 3/4 T into your hard pipe i think thats just a threaded 3/4 that the manifold comes off of. Not 100% sure on that though, just guessing from a photo I have of my manifold connector. Dont mind the cobwebs lol one of the reasons I'm changing over to a remote sump instead of one under the stand. Just not enough rm to keep things clean.

Attachments

• 20220110_162716.jpg
    20220110_162716.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Buddha51

Buddha51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get rid of the manifold altogether. The 25mm to 3/4 union will thread directly to the bottom side of your bulkhead. If your planning on keeping it i would just add a 3/4 T into your hard pipe i think thats just a threaded 3/4 that the manifold comes off of. Not 100% sure on that though, just guessing from a photo I have of my manifold connector. Dont mind the cobwebs lol one of the reasons I'm changing over to a remote sump instead of one under the stand. Just not enough rm to keep things clean.
Thank you

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back