Need help with ID

dvidster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I have one unidentified creature (See pic #1). It is white with ears like a bunny and they have black markings on that. First time I have seen it.

Second, I see a lot of these empty tube like structures piled up in different areas of the tank (See pic #2).

I would appreciate any help with that.

Thank you,

Dennis

CritterId.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I have one unidentified creature (See pic #1). It is white with ears like a bunny and they have black markings on that. First time I have seen it.

Second, I see a lot of these empty tube like structures piled up in different areas of the tank (See pic #2).

I would appreciate any help with that.

Thank you,

Dennis

CritterId.jpg
Can't really see from these pics

BeardedDragon21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better picture would go a long way in helping identify the critters... But based on the descriptions I would guess some kind of nudibranch for #1. They typically have those little ear structures though for them they act as a nose. And #2 sounds like vermitid snails which can get out of control if given the opportunity though I've heard bumble bee snails and some wrassr will eat them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The bunny looking thing you mentioned may be a sea bunny (which is what it is actually called) and is a sea slug/nudibranch.
Pics are fuzzy to tell the rest. I also do noticed a lot of buildup on bottom which is calothrix and needs to be removed.

OP
OP
D

dvidster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for looking at the pics. #1 has disappeared. I will try to take photos with my wife's phone next time.

So I am not familiar with calothrix. Are those the tube like structures? Or is that something else?

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,

Dennis

OP
OP
D

dvidster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that algae on the rock from the picture above gets eaten by my Powdered Blue, snails and hermit crabs. I am not sure they would munch on cyno like that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back