Need help with this algae please.

theishkid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two months ago I started having some algae issues. At first I was having a bit of a green cyano issue and I bought some chemi clean but never ended up using it. I just brushed it off rocks and did a few water changes and it is mostly gone. At that same time I started having some issues with this brown (I think... I'm partially color blind) algae. At first it was just sticking to my sand bed and covering the glass really quickly. But now it's starting to get on corals. It comes off super easy with just a small toothbrush but I'm trying to figure out the problem.
I did take out a big piece of established rock with GSP and replaced it with a new piece of Marco Rock that had been cleaned very thoroughly and then soaked in saltwater for a couple weeks before putting in the tank. I also had a lighting change recently going to a new Neptune Sky. One of the things I started looking into was that my levels used to be 0 for phosphate and nitrate but I started feeding a little bit more and dosing brightwells nitrate. Any help is appreciated.

Tank age: 7 Years
Tank: 34 Gallon AIO
Salt: 1.026
Temp: 77.8 - 78.3
PH: 8.2 - 8.4
ORP: 449 - 463
Alk: Around 9
Calcium: 400 - 440
Magnesium: 1350
Nitrate: 3
Phosphate.03

algae1.jpg algae2.jpg algae3.jpg algae4.jpg algae5.jpg algae6.jpg algae7.jpg algae8.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back