need ideas on basement fish room and utility sink wall covering.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so we unfortunally did a house house RENO and we instaled a basement lift station and utility sink mostly for the fish tanks :) it;s kinda in my fish room utility room.

anyway i am looking for cheap idea how to finish out the 2x6 open wall behind the utility sink.

looking for the cheap but long lasting and good looking ideas.

I came up with LVP, seems like that could be a good option.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most wood products are still high. I would do FRP over dry wall. Cheap and fairly quick, don’t need to tape and mud if you cover it all. Lots of different textures and looks these days with it also.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually this would look cool too.
I do love in industrial look could not up it up stairs on the main floor, she said it was to manly...oh yeah that is why we like it.
Daring Like A Man GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this room fully finished?

Does it look like a finished room or a mechanical/utility room. Pics?

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the wall? I'm assuming by 2x6 you mean the studs? I like drywall myself but that's just me. They make polycarb corrugated sheet too but that could get expensive. A sheet of plywood too if you want to use the wall to hang other things. Just depends on how finished you want it to look and how much you want to spend.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the wall? I'm assuming by 2x6 you mean the studs? I like drywall myself but that's just me. They make polycarb corrugated sheet too but that could get expensive. A sheet of plywood too if you want to use the wall to hang other things. Just depends on how finished you want it to look and how much you want to spend.

yeah 2x6" studs I did thnk of Dry wall but we spend 6 weeks on drywall for the upstairs its was long and expencive process...SOOO not really looking to hang, tape, mud prim and paint the stuff.

mjh712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are drywalling, I hope you use greenboard for that area.

PVC products should be fine.

If you want something sturdy that will last forever, I'd go with Altro Whiterock (used a lot in hospitals) - Probably easiest to fine from a bathroom/tile store.

If you want something easy that you can throw away & re-install & can also work as a markerboard, I'd recommend EUCATILE. It's a bit more prone to getting dinged up & damaged, but it's $15 for a 4'x8' sheet from home depot

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are drywalling, I hope you use greenboard for that area.

PVC products should be fine.

If you want something sturdy that will last forever, I'd go with Altro Whiterock (used a lot in hospitals) - Probably easiest to fine from a bathroom/tile store.

If you want something easy that you can throw away & re-install & can also work as a markerboard, I'd recommend EUCATILE. It's a bit more prone to getting dinged up & damaged, but it's $15 for a 4'x8' sheet from home depot

sweet I saw that stuff a few months ago when i was thinking about this. totally forgot.
thank you good Sir!
what is the "best" way to hang the stuff glue silicone something else?

mjh712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet I saw that stuff a few months ago when i was thinking about this. totally forgot.
thank you good Sir!
what is the "best" way to hang the stuff glue silicone something else?
For Eucatile? I'm not sure, I would think some glue/liquid nailer. Probably be best to use some corner molding & T-molding for in between the sheets. That'll also cover any rough edges.

We just use them as temporary whiteboards when the new whiteboards always seem to get delayed a month before schools are supposed to return/open.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back