OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the app but it doesn’t work with the iPhoneX. Just crashes when opening it
That's strange, I've had a few people send me iPhone X photos.
I'll check the logs. One dumb fix might be to delete the app and then download it again from the store. Let me get back to you on this.

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi John,
We had the following exchange in the other thread. So how do we proceed to for the beta testing?
Tapio said:
I can't get the video to work. When I push the button that looks like it is there to toggle between camera and video it closes to app. What's up with that??

With regards to color correction there is not enough of it from blue LEDs. I ran 14k Phoenix MH 250W and Reef Brite XHO strips. As long as the XHO are on my cameras can't handle it. Turning off the LEDs I can get decent pictures with and without the app. Picture correction in Photos on Mac is better.

I am with Saltyfilm, I think it was too soon to charge for this app.
Hey @Tapio, that doesn't sound right. So the app is crashing for you when you swap between video/camera? Let's get you into the Beta test group so I can check out your crash logs and try to diagnose the problem. A lot of forum members have been testing for a couple weeks or so: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/need-more-testers-for-aquarium-camera-app-ver-2-0.330462/ and I'm not seeing any crashes on those logs (there's over 200 members), but I'll check the iTunes logs. I should see something if you accepted the permissions to send crash logs to develoeprs when you setup your phone. Regardless, I'd LOVE to figure out what's going on so I can fix it.

For the blue light, it'd be great to see your settings and the results you were getting on your photos. Thanks for your light info. Could you also take a screenshot with your device (home button + on/off switch)? Maybe I can help advice on the RGB channels.

Thanks for the feedback. I can assure you your results are not common and that's why I'm charging but as you can probably guess, the more people who use any given app the more possibility of finding bugs. Could be your device + operating system, could be the device was low on memory from another memory leaky app, or could be something you've uncovered in an operational sequence that I missed in memory manage. In any case, let's get it fixed up!

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still looking for testers sign me up, I downloaded your app a few weeks ago and was not real happy with it. Pleased to see that something is being done about it, as I run my lights really blue.

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still looking for testers sign me up, I downloaded your app a few weeks ago and was not real happy with it. Pleased to see that something is being done about it, as I run my lights really blue.
Thanks for downloading!
Quick question. Do you have the latest update? 2.0

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure,how would I check the version?
If you go to the app store it should say OPEN if you're on version 2.0 or Update if you're not.
Hi John,
We had the following exchange in the other thread. So how do we proceed to for the beta testing?
Tapio said:
I can't get the video to work. When I push the button that looks like it is there to toggle between camera and video it closes to app. What's up with that??

With regards to color correction there is not enough of it from blue LEDs. I ran 14k Phoenix MH 250W and Reef Brite XHO strips. As long as the XHO are on my cameras can't handle it. Turning off the LEDs I can get decent pictures with and without the app. Picture correction in Photos on Mac is better.

I am with Saltyfilm, I think it was too soon to charge for this app.
Hey @Tapio, that doesn't sound right. So the app is crashing for you when you swap between video/camera? Let's get you into the Beta test group so I can check out your crash logs and try to diagnose the problem. A lot of forum members have been testing for a couple weeks or so: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/need-more-testers-for-aquarium-camera-app-ver-2-0.330462/ and I'm not seeing any crashes on those logs (there's over 200 members), but I'll check the iTunes logs. I should see something if you accepted the permissions to send crash logs to develoeprs when you setup your phone. Regardless, I'd LOVE to figure out what's going on so I can fix it.

For the blue light, it'd be great to see your settings and the results you were getting on your photos. Thanks for your light info. Could you also take a screenshot with your device (home button + on/off switch)? Maybe I can help advice on the RGB channels.

Thanks for the feedback. I can assure you your results are not common and that's why I'm charging but as you can probably guess, the more people who use any given app the more possibility of finding bugs. Could be your device + operating system, could be the device was low on memory from another memory leaky app, or could be something you've uncovered in an operational sequence that I missed in memory manage. In any case, let's get it fixed up!

Awesome. So the link to sign up to be a beta tester is at: http://aquariumcameraapp.com

Sglinias1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the camera is working great for me. What would you like me to do exactly? Do you want me to post pics or just write a review?

jimmyzhou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After install the t5. Hybrid I took a pic agian with app. And. Came out. ....... awesome!
2e31cc6a614263dc6da82aaf636330b4.jpg

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John did you push an update to test flight?
Not version 3 just yet (hopefully in the next couple days). Should be on version 2.0(3) <-- confusing, I know.

Also, on a random aside, anybody who does the whole Instagram thing, Look for me under the username "aquariumapps".

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not version 3 just yet (hopefully in the next couple days). Should be on version 2.0(3) <-- confusing, I know.

Also, on a random aside, anybody who does the whole Instagram thing, Look for me under the username "aquariumapps".

I meant 2.0 Build 3, aka 2.0(3) :).

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for shots from basically as many different lights/setups as possible for the website.
Anybody interested in sharing here?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back