NEED QUARANTINE ADVICE.

EASTERN INDIGO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can somebody refer me to literature that is relatively non-technical but comprehensively describes an extremely efficient pre-symptomatic quarantine for fish? I would like to end the deaths of LFS fish after I buy them. I would like an in depth discussion of copper and chloroquine phosphate quarantines, what fish are NOT suited to one or the other. I have tried tank transfer, but it's not for me, and doesn't treat velvet anyway. I would also like to be educated about other procedures for treating (as a pre-symptomatic quarantine) for other pathogens. I know this is a lot, and I don't expect anybody to actually sit down and write it for me, but there are sooooooooooooooooo many posts with sooooooooooooooooooooooo many opinions that I cannot work my way through it on any educated basis. Can anybody help me find the REAL stuff as opposed to opinions and crackpots? Thanks.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Tamberav

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can somebody refer me to literature that is relatively non-technical but comprehensively describes an extremely efficient pre-symptomatic quarantine for fish? I would like to end the deaths of LFS fish after I buy them. I would like an in depth discussion of copper and chloroquine phosphate quarantines, what fish are NOT suited to one or the other. I have tried tank transfer, but it's not for me, and doesn't treat velvet anyway. I would also like to be educated about other procedures for treating (as a pre-symptomatic quarantine) for other pathogens. I know this is a lot, and I don't expect anybody to actually sit down and write it for me, but there are sooooooooooooooooo many posts with sooooooooooooooooooooooo many opinions that I cannot work my way through it on any educated basis. Can anybody help me find the REAL stuff as opposed to opinions and crackpots? Thanks.
It is literally all already in the stickies...

By making a post you are going to get more 'opinions' - The stickies have all the instructions. There is literally even a sticky with a giant grid showing which fish are sensitive to what.

Another one right here:

Squidward

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hrmm.. TTM has been the easiest for me. I did use prazipro for some fish like angels. All did 12 days TTM. All that have made it through have been successful. No need to measure any copper or wait a month or longer.

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Past few months

Votes: 82 38.9%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.9%