NEED QUARANTINE ADVICE.

EASTERN INDIGO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody refer me to literature that is relatively non-technical but comprehensively describes an extremely efficient pre-symptomatic quarantine for fish? I would like to end the deaths of LFS fish after I buy them. I would like an in depth discussion of copper and chloroquine phosphate quarantines, what fish are NOT suited to one or the other. I have tried tank transfer, but it's not for me, and doesn't treat velvet anyway. I would also like to be educated about other procedures for treating (as a pre-symptomatic quarantine) for other pathogens. I know this is a lot, and I don't expect anybody to actually sit down and write it for me, but there are sooooooooooooooooo many posts with sooooooooooooooooooooooo many opinions that I cannot work my way through it on any educated basis. Can anybody help me find the REAL stuff as opposed to opinions and crackpots? Thanks.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody refer me to literature that is relatively non-technical but comprehensively describes an extremely efficient pre-symptomatic quarantine for fish? I would like to end the deaths of LFS fish after I buy them. I would like an in depth discussion of copper and chloroquine phosphate quarantines, what fish are NOT suited to one or the other. I have tried tank transfer, but it's not for me, and doesn't treat velvet anyway. I would also like to be educated about other procedures for treating (as a pre-symptomatic quarantine) for other pathogens. I know this is a lot, and I don't expect anybody to actually sit down and write it for me, but there are sooooooooooooooooo many posts with sooooooooooooooooooooooo many opinions that I cannot work my way through it on any educated basis. Can anybody help me find the REAL stuff as opposed to opinions and crackpots? Thanks.
It is literally all already in the stickies...

By making a post you are going to get more 'opinions' - The stickies have all the instructions. There is literally even a sticky with a giant grid showing which fish are sensitive to what.

Another one right here:

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the recommendations of 'Humble Fish'...worked for me. I have yet to have an infected display tank. Have I lost fish? Sadly, yes.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hrmm.. TTM has been the easiest for me. I did use prazipro for some fish like angels. All did 12 days TTM. All that have made it through have been successful. No need to measure any copper or wait a month or longer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back