Need Recommendations for Aquarium Movers in Westchester County NY

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom aquarium that will be delivered some time in August. The delivery will be via freight truck and the steel stand and glass aquarium measuring (72 inches in length, 36 inches in depth and 26 inches in height) will be left in the driveway. I need a recommendation for movers or an aquarium service company with insurance and experience in moving large aquariums. It is going up the driveway up 4 steps through the front porch and through the front door (french door) to my home office located directly left of the front door entrance (another set of french doors). This has by far been the biggest hurdle of getting this aquarium to its new home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a custom aquarium that will be delivered some time in August. The delivery will be via freight truck and the steel stand and glass aquarium measuring (72 inches in length, 36 inches in depth and 26 inches in height) will be left in the driveway. I need a recommendation for movers or an aquarium service company with insurance and experience in moving large aquariums. It is going up the driveway up 4 steps through the front porch and through the front door (french door) to my home office located directly left of the front door entrance (another set of french doors). This has by far been the biggest hurdle of getting this aquarium to its new home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would definitely go with a maintenance company if one is nearby as compared to 'movers'. I'm curious - do you have a door wider than 36 inches? If not - you may want to plan for this as well (there is another thread that discusses this here (Its about moving a stand but its the same idea).

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely go with a maintenance company if one is nearby as compared to 'movers'. I'm curious - do you have a door wider than 36 inches? If not - you may want to plan for this as well (there is another thread that discusses this here (Its about moving a stand but its the same idea).
Yes, unfortunately most of the ones in the areas just hire movers as well. And as for the doors they are all French Doors that swing open so their plenty of space to pass through.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, unfortunately most of the ones in the areas just hire movers as well. And as for the doors they are all French Doors that swing open so their plenty of space to pass through.
When I had to do this - I specifically made sure to (try) to use an LFS - because both of them agreed to warranty the tank move (i.e. it would not leak - and if so - they would fix it for xx days). So even if there is only 1 of them that does maintencence in that area I would give them a strong look. Best of luck - its a difficult task with a big tank

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back