Need some advice for tang compatability and where to buy

Renzo'sReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I am fairly new(less than a year) to the saltwater aquarium hobby and currently have a 110 gallon system(90 gallon display with 20 gallon sump) that is setup as a mixed reef tank. Already in the tank are 3 ocellaris clowns a sand sifter goby a mandarin dragonette a 6 line wrasse and a coral beauty angel. I previously had a powder brown that unfortunately passed away due to an outbreak of velvet from a fish i added without quarantining. I have since removed all fish from the tank and they were placed in a hospital tank i setup for approx 6 weeks and they are all super healthy now. I want to know your guys opinions on adding a powder blue tang and a yellow tang to the system, also where I might be able to buy these fish from a reliable store since my local petco isnt really preferred anymore. I would like to get them as young/small as possible and add at the same time to hopefully negate any aggression they might have toward each other or the other fish in my tank. Of course any new fish will go immediately to my hospital/quarantine tank for observation for a couple/few weeks until I am sure I wont be introducing any sicknesses to my display tank again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello reefers! I am fairly new(less than a year) to the saltwater aquarium hobby and currently have a 110 gallon system(90 gallon display with 20 gallon sump) that is setup as a mixed reef tank. Already in the tank are 3 ocellaris clowns a sand sifter goby a mandarin dragonette a 6 line wrasse and a coral beauty angel. I previously had a powder brown that unfortunately passed away due to an outbreak of velvet from a fish i added without quarantining. I have since removed all fish from the tank and they were placed in a hospital tank i setup for approx 6 weeks and they are all super healthy now. I want to know your guys opinions on adding a powder blue tang and a yellow tang to the system, also where I might be able to buy these fish from a reliable store since my local petco isnt really preferred anymore. I would like to get them as young/small as possible and add at the same time to hopefully negate any aggression they might have toward each other or the other fish in my tank. Of course any new fish will go immediately to my hospital/quarantine tank for observation for a couple/few weeks until I am sure I wont be introducing any sicknesses to my display tank again.
Powder blue for sure quarantine for full 30 days using coppersafe or copper power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 if purchased and yellow last as they can be Uninviting

OP
OP
Renzo'sReef

Renzo'sReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue for sure quarantine for full 30 days using coppersafe or copper power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 if purchased and yellow last as they can be Uninviting
Thank you for the reply, I have copper power that I used in my hospital tank when I had to deal with the outbreak that took out my powder brown. Are you saying to get the powder blue first and QT him and put him in tank before getting the yellow and QT that one? Also any suggestions on a reliable supplier? Google search brings up tons of online fish stores but I dont want to make the mistake of buying from a bad one.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for the reply, I have copper power that I used in my hospital tank when I had to deal with the outbreak that took out my powder brown. Are you saying to get the powder blue first and QT him and put him in tank before getting the yellow and QT that one? Also any suggestions on a reliable supplier? Google search brings up tons of online fish stores but I dont want to make the mistake of buying from a bad one.
yellow before the powder blue but QT Powder blue for sure

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back