Need some advise. New to the hobby.

Saintgoodness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m off to a dissappointing start. I ordered the Cobalt 40 gal C-Vue from Live Aquaria. I received the stand with no aquarium. I thought I was ordering both since the photo showed both and the ad said ”Aquarium and Stand”. I don’t want to go off on too much of a rant here on Live Aquaria, but their website is misleading and deceptive. The Cobalt 40 gal C-Vue is out of stock, so all I have it’s custom stand, pathetic. Any advise on where I might find a Cobalt 40 gal C-Vue or an alternative all in one tank that will fit my empty tank stand?

OP
OP
S

Saintgoodness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said they would take it back and refund my purchase, but unfortunately, I’ve unpacked it and put it together. It’s like a piece of IKEA furniture with a lot of parts. I don’t even have the box anymore. I was expecting the Aquarium today and called to check on the status. That’s when I got the bad news. Sending it back to get a refund is a weak attempt at solving my problem. The frustration is still pretty fresh. Packing it up and sending it back is not my best option. I still want to start the hobby. Having a stand I guess is a start.

OP
OP
S

Saintgoodness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to explore other options before sending it back since the stand is already unpacked and put together.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let this little hurdle discourage you from your dream tank! At least we have a nice stand now, time for the set up and to start a build thread! ;Joyful

Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry they screwed you. Ill try finding it.

Here you go. Expensive little guy. Or find any other tank size that fits your stand. The aquarium size is 36x18x14 and the stand size is 38x18x36. Any tank that will fit the stand will work.

Last edited:

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Don't let it get to you too much, once you get a tank set up this will be a distant memory!

(I saw a "combo" I thought I liked on sale but was a little worried at how cheap it was, this might explain it so you weren't alone!)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back