Need some assistance connecting A3 Apex Jr to wifi.

Xyloxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone, I'm looking for some assistance reconnecting my A3 Apex Jr to my wifi and getting it back up and running. I've had it since it has come out and haven't had any problems until now. (Or so I thought. Will explain.)

Long story short, I bought a DOS to begin AWC on my BC32, plugged it in and pulled down the new tiles into the display. That's when I noticed all of my ATO related icons were gone and that I had notifications saying my FMM and PM1 were disconnected and had software updates available. However, I was unable to re-connect the modules and update the software for whatever reason. Keep in mind I haven't had any problems up until this point and this is not my only apex unit.

I attempted multiple times to update and reconnect the modules without any luck. Fusion also indicated in the past 24 hours it has disconnected close to 1000 times. I did my research, found nothing that worked so I resorted to a hard reset of the Unit. Now I have ran into another issue. I cannot connect the unit at all. Fusion suggested a support ticket, which I have put in. My suspicions are that of a 2.4ghz wifi vs a 5ghz wifi connection issue. I have a hybrid modem which doesn't really let me choose which frequency to use, it basically switches back and forth between 2.4 and 5ghz. Now the obvious solution would be to just plug into an ethernet cable (which is how my other Apex is hooked up) right? Well, not with the Apex Jr. Not an option.

Which brings me to my question. Can I get a 2.4ghz only wifi extender such as the one linked, plug it in and run the Apex Jr off that? And, has anyone done this with success? I thank you in advance for your assistance.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own a apex fwiw but for my IoT devices that need 2.4ghz I simply enable guest wifi 2.4 ghz signal on my router. Connect to that wifi on my tablet/phone temporarily for setup. Now I don't know if your router can do guest wifi obv but this works every time for me...

Back