Need some guidance on stocking/tank plan specific to clown harem

ATXreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning what I'd like to be a clown Harem tank and have my eyes on a waterbox 130.4 or a Red Sea 525xl. Here is the stocking plan thus far; 20 ocellaris, tomini tang, lemonpeel angel, one or two different species leopard wrasse and toying with a sand sifting goby of some sort. Aquascape looks something like two islands, each with it's own well established magnifica anemone, with the idea that the beta clowns have a nem to retreat to that is not occupied by the dominant pair. Please tell me if I'm out of mind with the number of fish in tanks of these sizes (4' and 5' respectively, both ~ 108-120 gallon display volume). I have a year or so until my house is finished being built and currently have a 29g running now for the sole purpose of being able to add a good bit of mature rock and sand to the new tank when house is finished.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRStv did a series on keeping a clown harem tank. It would be a good starting point.

OP
OP
A

ATXreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRStv did a series on keeping a clown harem tank. It would be a good starting point.
I watched quite a few of their videos and scoured the forums to the best of my ability over the last 6 months. I think the key variables that are unique to my proposal vs what BRS did are:

a) the anemone situation
b) having several other fish in addition to the clowns

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back