Need some help/advice!! my Kenya tree is touching my candy cane!! Do I move the candy cane??

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone slight issue my Kenya tree seems to branch right out when I have my lights on to the point it’s touching my candy cane!! Is this ok? Or shal I move my caulastraea to another area in the tank away from the Capnella? I can see tentacles coming from the caulastraea not sure what this means? Is it hungry or aggressive any help would be much appreciated thanks! Photo attached for better understanding..
C6D69D17-1630-4262-A8C0-28246BA2B1BB.jpeg

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can or just cut a piece off the Kenya tree. And repeat when it grows back. Get used to trimming the Kenya tree. You’ll need to often add time goes by

OP
OP
R

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can or just cut a piece off the Kenya tree. And repeat when it grows back. Get used to trimming the Kenya tree. You’ll need to often add time goes by
Ive heard I’ll have to cut the Kenya tree eventually although I’ve never done this before so not sure how to go about it? As I wouldn’t want to kill it lol can I just cut any where ad in at the beginning of a brand or is there a certain way you have to do it? And what do I cut it with? Sorry for all the questions.. learning reefer here :))

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it like trimming a real tree. Cut off a few branches. You won’t kill it. If you’re worried just nip a smaller piece off to see how it reacts and you’ll get more comfortable cutting it.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone slight issue my Kenya tree seems to branch right out when I have my lights on to the point it’s touching my candy cane!! Is this ok? Or shal I move my caulastraea to another area in the tank away from the Capnella? I can see tentacles coming from the caulastraea not sure what this means? Is it hungry or aggressive any help would be much appreciated thanks! Photo attached for better understanding..
C6D69D17-1630-4262-A8C0-28246BA2B1BB.jpeg
cut the kenya tree back, if it grows fully itll bud and grow everywhere

Back