NEED SOME HELP ON GETTING GRIFFIS ANGEL TO EAT

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ON 5-22-20NI BOUGHT A 6 INCH GRIFFISB ANGEL, THEY AREQUITE EXPENSIVE AS IT REQUIRES A DEEP DIVE, ALTHOUGH IN KNOW TO WAIT A FEW DAYS, BEFORE I BECOME WORRIEDVABOUT NOT EATING. THE FISH DOES SHOW A LITTLE INTEREST INN EATING. BECAUSE OF THE COST OF THE FISH I AM WORRYING.

I AM FEEDING, BRINE SHRIMP, CHOPPED SQUID, FRESH CLAMS, FRESH MUSCLES.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL COMMENTS.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if its available to you, but supposedly live brine shrimp is good for triggering a reaction.
Masstick has worked for me and a few angles ive had loved it.
Hope it eats eventually for you.

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if its available to you, but supposedly live brine shrimp is good for triggering a reaction.
Masstick has worked for me and a few angles ive had loved it.
Hope it eats eventually for you.
I DIDN'T HAVE TO TRY THE LIVE BRINE SHRIMP, I USED FROZEN, HE SWAM AROUND WATCHING THE OTHERS EAT,HE MUST OF GOT THE SIGN AS HE CHOWED DOWN. I HAVE SOME EASY MASSTIC, I TRIED IT WITH A SIX BAR ANGEL HE REFUSED EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE MASSTIC, NEVER EVEN TOOK A PECK, HE DIED AND WENT TO THE GARBAGE IT WAS A FREE FISH FROM LIVEAQUARIA AS THEY SHIPPED IT BY MISTAKE, HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP I ALWAYS HATE TO SEE A FISH DIE.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly suggest you prophalactically treat for internal parasites. Unless you got him from a source that deworms, they are highly susceptible.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I DIDN'T HAVE TO TRY THE LIVE BRINE SHRIMP, I USED FROZEN, HE SWAM AROUND WATCHING THE OTHERS EAT,HE MUST OF GOT THE SIGN AS HE CHOWED DOWN. I HAVE SOME EASY MASSTIC, I TRIED IT WITH A SIX BAR ANGEL HE REFUSED EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE MASSTIC, NEVER EVEN TOOK A PECK, HE DIED AND WENT TO THE GARBAGE IT WAS A FREE FISH FROM LIVEAQUARIA AS THEY SHIPPED IT BY MISTAKE, HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP I ALWAYS HATE TO SEE A FISH DIE.
Wow I have never had an angel or tang not take masstick I don't know then. Masstick got a "no hope" kole tang back from the brink for me so I don't know.

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly suggest you prophalactically treat for internal parasites. Unless you got him from a source that deworms, they are highly susceptible.
I PURCHASED FROM DIVERS DEN, I KNOW THEY TREATED, HOWEVER ANGELS ARE SO PRONE TO FLUKES, ITREATED WITH PRAZIPRO WHEN I GOT THE GRIFFIS ANGEL

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I have never had an angel or tang not take masstick I don't know then. Masstick got a "no hope" kole tang back from the brink for me so I don't know.
I TRIED HOWEVER, I HEARD SOMETIMES IT TAKES A LITTE TIME FOR THEM TO LEARN TO EAT THE MASSTIC, GUESS HIS TIME JUST RAN OUT.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put frozen food in a mesh bag hung from a Nori clip. Angels like to pick on things. Mastick also worked.
This was a Regal, never ate from the water column while in QT.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would treat for internal parasites with general cure and focus bound food on any fish from divers den - they do not, in my experience, deworm close to 100% effectively

Piggy backing on this sentiment, Apolemichthys genus angels are really difficult to clear.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back