Need some help regarding saltwater aquarium

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably have high nitrate but it will need to be tested first and foremost. If you do, I believe those bioballs, crushed coral have a lot to do with it....Did you just convert from freshwater to saltwater?

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually i bought this tank and stand and then in this tank i start from scratch a saltwater setup and my old tank was a freshwater tank

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what i have to do right now to make things perfect?
I wish I knew how to have a perfect tank lol....All I can say at this moment is to study, google, watch youtube and get great advise from reefsquad from our forums.
Everyone runs their system on their own way and whatever works for me may not work for you.

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok but ill start removing bio balls from tomorrow.is that fine ?

There are two colors blue and black,both of them are bio balls?

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just blue balls no black balls?
All types of balls. I just went to visit this other site I visit often since I remember seeing a post about someone in your same situation, seems that some people removed them all at once, some in 2 days and some in 7 days...Good news is that none of them had a spike

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 issues algae and no coral growth and high nitrates. so you think it will be resolve after taking out bio bAlls?

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 issues algae and no coral growth and high nitrates. so you think it will be resolve after taking out bio bAlls?
Well, there are many ways of combating high nitrate
First we need to identify the source of your high nitrate. Hence, I suggested removing the bioballs and vacuum crushed coral bed frequently.
Secondly you can use products to help reduce nitrate faster such as http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/red-sea-nitrate-phosphate-reducer.html http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4190
Lastly, you can use reactors http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23764

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ill check out these links and i will start removing balls from tomorrow and take all of them in like 4-5 days and I ordered wavemaker too.thats important too

OP
OP
D

Dashing.dayaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if i only buy a product you mentioned in first link and i think it will work

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as algae goes, it is a part of your cycling process....most people will say cycle consist of 3 stages, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate when it's actually 6 and you are now experiencing the later stages diatom, hair algae, cyano.
Just make sure your parameters are in check and it will definitely help make them less severe, UV sterilizer can help with algae also there are fishes and inverts that their diet consist on eating algae.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back