Need some help with an ID on two things that look like eggs

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired a tank form someone that couldn’t care for the fish and corals anymore so I took it in and found these so things in it. I’ve never seen them before. Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m already dealing with aiptasia and would rather not have more pests to have to deal with.

The first two pics are some green spongy looking thing. Th biggest one is less than 1/4” in diameter. More are smaller. I pulled one out and the pic on the white background is what it looked like out of the tank. There was a seed like center to it. The clear looking egg sacks are in a cluster but they are harder to reach so I’m leaving them be for now.

CA2C564E-A2B1-4CA7-BCC9-57AA6FE1EA39.jpeg CC69ECBB-5F9C-473E-8E34-9325A7663253.jpeg FAE75236-EEDD-4CB2-8791-21CD37A85976.jpeg 2180CEE4-68E1-457B-85F7-781091571358.jpeg

OP
OP
Russell G

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I’ll have to keep an eye on them but it looks like about right. I was a little curious because theee was a few of them scattered about.

After seeing the aiptaisa I wouldn’t be surprised if there was other pests in the tank. We had to go and superglue over a few that were stinging some of the corals today but we’re hoping some nudi’s will be able to control them.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I’ll have to keep an eye on them but it looks like about right. I was a little curious because theee was a few of them scattered about.

After seeing the aiptaisa I wouldn’t be surprised if there was other pests in the tank. We had to go and superglue over a few that were stinging some of the corals today but we’re hoping some nudi’s will be able to control them.
Get some F aiptasia. Works good and cost less than nudibranchs plus once aiptasia is gone nudis die.

OP
OP
Russell G

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only problem with the F Aiptasia is that I have no idea where they all are and I was hoping the nudi’s would seek them out in all the crevices that I can’t see. I’ll have to give it a shot on some go the bigger ones that I can see and let the nudi’s get the rest. We only got 10 in a 135g tank so at least we aren’t too deep into them. Hopefully they can clear it up and I can re-home some later down the line.

Back