Need some help.....

sante21079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok crew..... My clownfish has some funk behind his fins. Any idea what it might be? Also, the Blue tang has some bumps on him. They aren't ich, thinking maybe flukes. This is in my FOWLR, so I can dose the tank if need be.

A little back story. Clowns came from sustainable aquatics and went directly into the tank.... (no idea)
Blue tang and Clown trigger came from Dr Reef quarantined fish..... (copper and praziquantel)
Powder blue came from someone local who quarantined it.... (non copper QT)

OP
OP
S

sante21079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
screenshot of the issue

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 7.47.47 PM.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I can’t get the video to play. I can’t 100% rule out ich on the clownfish.

Is the powder blue showing anything? That species is always one of the first to break with ich.

While it could be flukes, those are usually invisible. You diagnose them through behavior (scratching and flashing) as well as by giving the fish a diagnostic freshwater dip and looking at the settled water under a microscope.

Can you try for some better pictures?

Two options at this point: treat with prazipro for flukes. Or run the whole tank at low salinity which will treat for flukes and ich.

Jay

OP
OP
S

sante21079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jay. I’ll try to get some better pictures. Powder blue is clear, the hippo tang is the only one showing any consistent scratching and flashing. I am removing copper power from my display (FOWLR). It’s down to 1.1 and I’ve added cuprisorb and will be doing decent water change too.
Is it safe to use prazi and metro?
Sorry, I can’t get the video to play. I can’t 100% rule out ich on the clownfish.

Is the powder blue showing anything? That species is always one of the first to break with ich.

While it could be flukes, those are usually invisible. You diagnose them through behavior (scratching and flashing) as well as by giving the fish a diagnostic freshwater dip and looking at the settled water under a microscope.

Can you try for some better pictures?

Two options at this point: treat with prazipro for flukes. Or run the whole tank at low salinity which will treat for flukes and ich.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jay. I’ll try to get some better pictures. Powder blue is clear, the hippo tang is the only one showing any consistent scratching and flashing. I am removing copper power from my display (FOWLR). It’s down to 1.1 and I’ve added cuprisorb and will be doing decent water change too.
Is it safe to use prazi and metro?
Yes - prazi and metro can be used together if the dose is correct General Cure for example.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back