Need some ideas to redo my aquascape!

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I wanna redo my aquascape but having a tough time picturing it in my head, I’m basically gonna have a LPS/softie tank so it doesn’t necessarily need to be high like my current scape another problem is I have few dead spots and not a lot of negative space for fish to kinda swim any suggestions?

88ECFC86-4532-4308-86C2-023D946A1022.jpeg

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe break the rocks up into pieces with a hammer inside a bucket with some salt water and glue them to a desired shape.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a step appearance....back slightly higher than next front level, etc... Maybe a small sand inlet in the middle of the bottom layer of rocks to break up the wall look. I'd probably get rid of the yellow submarine as well...unless there's a family member who placed it, lol.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a step appearance....back slightly higher than next front level, etc... Maybe a small sand inlet in the middle of the bottom layer of rocks to break up the wall look. I'd probably get rid of the yellow submarine as well...unless there's a family member who placed it, lol.
More of my wife placed it lol okay cool cool yeah I’m tired of the one big rock look

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like suspended rocks (on legs or rock feet) that create a cave below the main structure to allow flow and for more visual interest. Also, a good spot for gobies or cleaner shrimp to hang out.

The trick is building them first out of the tank, then putting them in... and making sure they are supported by the tank bottom and not resting on the sand.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like suspended rocks (on legs or rock feet) that create a cave below the main structure to allow flow and for more visual interest. Also, a good spot for gobies or cleaner shrimp to hang out.

The trick is building them first out of the tank, then putting them in... and making sure they are supported by the tank bottom and not resting on the sand.
My first time reefing and I thought hey looks nice ! Then 4 months later and much more research and seeing other tanks iv found mine to be bland lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back