Need some tips on buying at this show..

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be the first big frag show that I attend so I have a couple of questions. My main question is at what point should I purchase my frags? I am definitely looking for a really nice torch coral. If I see one the second I walk in the door what do I do ? I'm sure it wouldn't be good to walk around for the next few hours with this thing in a bag. Also what is the best time to go to the show? I see the raffles are at the very end of the show. Not sure if I will be staying the entire day.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to go early for the best selection and deals, I would think most vendors would be happy to hold any purchases you have made from them until your ready to leave for the day.. you can check on the raffle rules but a lot of times you don’t need to be present to win and most events like this that I have attended have raffle drawings throughout the day.. have fun!

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a small cooler with you. The frags will be fine inside until you get home. Some vendors use bags, some plastic cups with a snap lid and others with a twist on lid. Be careful to ensure nothing is leaking when you get it.

Sounds like you have, but go in knowing what you want, and how much room you have.

Have fun!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the vendors would hold it if purchased early on.

I help my daughter doing trade shows and we are more than happy to hold purchases behind the table for our customers so that they don’t have to carry them around.. I would think most venders at the show you will be attending would be happy to do the same.. I usually also carry a small soft sided cooler bag with me to place my purchases in which works great for toting around frags.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back