Need to dose coral nutrition while away?

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

So I am in a pickle of what to do as I am ready to go away for 2 weeks. Right now I dose coral nutrition AB+, Plankton and also Acropower specific days each - but have a routine down, amount I dose and seems everything is thriving. My question is the need to continue dosing while I am away and is it worth setting up a small fridge and perhaps drill holes, setup dosing pump, etc. while I am gone. I know that for instance the AB+ nutrition does need to be refrigerated. please let me know if this is needed and I should worry about setting up. I run a low nutrient system, Po4 = .04 - .08 and No3 = less the 1

Thanks,
Attila

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nitrate is practically 0, you either need to have something dose an amino additive daily, or feed the fish 2-3 times per a day. (Btw) Reef energy will be fine unrefrigerated for about a month

Last edited:

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For just two weeks.... I would probably just put the acropower on a doser and not worry about the refrigerated stuff.
I don't think not dosing AB+ and plankton (phyto?) for 2 weeks is going to be too detrimental. Maybe just up the daily dose of acropower a little for those two weeks.

I have an auto pellet feeder that I use to feed the fish when I'm away. The last time I went on vacation, I added a little benepets powdered coral food to it also.... so every time the fish got fed, the corals got a little coral dust food too.

Back