need to up my RODI production ~ booster pump or water saver kit?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved only getting 50PSI at the new house....lame I know my last place I had to turn down to 80psi. got spoiled I guess.

I have a 6 stage spectra pure RODI unit I believe my RO membrane is 75-100 GPD
I will have mixing station and RODI res. in the basement for ATO & AWC. + setting up RS 650P so I'll be needing lots of water in the next few months.

of course I decide this after all the sales....

I am leaning towards the aquticlife booster buddy. reason is ,i don't have a RO flush or shut off on my current RODI and I would like to leave it hooked up to the water line to I always have a fresh barrel of RODI. + its less expensive than piecing it all together.

the water saver kit will not work as I dont have the needed PSI...but i was wondering if I got the booster buddy the ran another RO 100GPD in parallel would that be the best of both worlds? or could I just set it up like the water saver kits says waste water from 1st RO in to 2nd RO?

thoughts on water boosting?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah could be a flow restrict or...
fwiw I got the aquatic life booster AND the 7stage kit... anion I think goes faster than the mixed bed or cation...depending on local supply
BTW whats your tap ppm? & house pressure

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as you mentioned yourself, you will not be able to run a water saver upgrade with 50 PSI you currently have... It just won't happen.

First I would look at grabbing a booster pump, second I would look into changing your flow restrictor out and altering your waste to product ratio to better suit your lower waste, higher production desires. Then I would look at a water saver kit after all that.

Oh and if it is a Spectrapure membrane it's either a 75 or a 90GPD :)

Last edited:

Cgredler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually interested in this as well. I recently bought a pressure gauge and it looks like im at only 40psi before the RO. I have the water saver kit on my 6 stage, and I cant seem to get 0 TDS. I am considering a booster pump and auto flush.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah could be a flow restrict or...
fwiw I got the aquatic life booster AND the 7stage kit... anion I think goes faster than the mixed bed or cation...depending on local supply
BTW whats your tap ppm? & house pressure
turns out no flow re stricter on my RODI

water goes through water softener incoming TDS is 135ish
not sure what my house pressure is only way I have to test it is on my RODI...guessing it's with in the residential window. old pipes coming to to the house might be slowing it down. replaced everything in the house.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as you mentioned yourself, you will not be able to run a water saver upgrade with 50 PSI you currently have... It just won't happen.

First I would look at grabbing a booster pump, second I would look into changing your flow restrictor out and altering your waste to product ratio to better suit your lower waste, higher production desires. Then I would look at a water saver kit after all that.

Oh and if it is a Spectrapure membrane it's either a 75 or a 90GPD :)

pricing it all out looks like the aquatic life booster is the best value.
I pretty sure I replaced the RO filter with a BRS one last time I changes it out.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually interested in this as well. I recently bought a pressure gauge and it looks like im at only 40psi before the RO. I have the water saver kit on my 6 stage, and I cant seem to get 0 TDS. I am considering a booster pump and auto flush.
let us know how it goes if you get one. 40 PSI is pretty low.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With 40 PSI, lose the water saver or get a booster... 40 PSI is below what I'd even run a single membrane on, forget two...

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pricing it all out looks like the aquatic life booster is the best value.
I pretty sure I replaced the RO filter with a BRS one last time I changes it out.

For what it does, it is definitely a great value, especially if you don't have flush and bypass valves on your system already.

And that would would put you in either the 75 or 100 GPD range.

Oh and wait a minute, you don't have a flow restrictor on your system?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 40 PSI, lose the water saver or get a booster... 40 PSI is below what I'd even run a single membrane on, forget two...
^ my thoughts too, he needs a booster pump real bad.
For what it does, it is definitely a great value, especially if you don't have flush and bypass valves on your system already.

And that would would put you in either the 75 or 100 GPD range.
yeah I dont have either of those.
wondering if I can get the pressure I need to run a 100GPD 2nd RO membrane ran in series, parallel will not work for the booster pump inlet out lets.

I think I am going to contact aquatic life and see what they say.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 40 to 50 psi at my place. It made pure water, just slow.
Added this booster pump and it was a fantastic addition. 90 psi makes water fast!

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ my thoughts too, he needs a booster pump real bad.

yeah I dont have either of those.
wondering if I can get the pressure I need to run a 100GPD 2nd RO membrane ran in series, parallel will not work for the booster pump inlet out lets.

I think I am going to contact aquatic life and see what they say.

What makes you feel like you don't have a flow restrictor?

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this one to bring my 40psi up. Went from taking 20+ hours to make 30 gallons to making 30 gallons in about 6, I also reduce my DI resin usage. I would say my DI usage is 1/10th of what it was at 40PSI.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back