Needing opinions on my parameters

soldier.1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Good evening all, I have been keeping up with testing and water changes on my 32G Biocube. But needing some thoughts maybe even advice on my parameters. My parameters are
Ca = 463 ppm (Hannah tester)
Phosphate = .18 ppm (Hannah tester, was way higher but I have decreased feedings, got a skimmer, and made sure to stay up with water changes)
dKh = 9.4 (Hannah tester, I have no idea what this one even means or does)
Nitrite = Zero (Red Sea tester)
Nitrate = 20 (Red Sea tester)
Ammonia = 0.4 (Red Sea tester)

I have a few Zoas, a hammer, CUC, Purple Firefish, Snow flake clown pair, Royal Gamma.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
S

soldier.1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Also, My salt is 33.9, ORP is 325 (Not sure what this even means), pH is 8.09 all courtesy of my APEX. Tank looks and feels healthy, no issues or craziness.

Samina

View Badges
Reaction score
If everything looks good and happy, then let it be and just keep up with what you have been doing.
Everyone will have differing opinions on parameters but it comes down to what works for your setup and you. And honestly, seems like your nutrients are inline with a LPS/Softy setup anyhow. Keep doing your thing!

OP
S

soldier.1102

View Badges
Reaction score
If everything looks good and happy, then let it be and just keep up with what you have been doing.
Everyone will have differing opinions on parameters but it comes down to what works for your setup and you. And honestly, seems like your nutrients are inline with a LPS/Softy setup anyhow. Keep doing your thing!
Ugh thank you so much I needed that haha

BeejReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The ammonia reading is concerning.
Any reason you can think of why you might have some... recent death, stirred sand bed, very young tank?

If all is healthy and happy, I agree with Samina. It's just that if you truly happen to be in the early stages of an ammonia problem, all won't stay healthy and happy for long. I'd retest or get the lfs to test as well and go from there.

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 224 43.4%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 198 38.4%
  • Other

Votes: 47 9.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors