Needing opinions on my parameters

soldier.1102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all, I have been keeping up with testing and water changes on my 32G Biocube. But needing some thoughts maybe even advice on my parameters. My parameters are
Ca = 463 ppm (Hannah tester)
Phosphate = .18 ppm (Hannah tester, was way higher but I have decreased feedings, got a skimmer, and made sure to stay up with water changes)
dKh = 9.4 (Hannah tester, I have no idea what this one even means or does)
Nitrite = Zero (Red Sea tester)
Nitrate = 20 (Red Sea tester)
Ammonia = 0.4 (Red Sea tester)

I have a few Zoas, a hammer, CUC, Purple Firefish, Snow flake clown pair, Royal Gamma.

OP
OP
S

soldier.1102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, My salt is 33.9, ORP is 325 (Not sure what this even means), pH is 8.09 all courtesy of my APEX. Tank looks and feels healthy, no issues or craziness.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything looks good and happy, then let it be and just keep up with what you have been doing.
Everyone will have differing opinions on parameters but it comes down to what works for your setup and you. And honestly, seems like your nutrients are inline with a LPS/Softy setup anyhow. Keep doing your thing!

OP
OP
S

soldier.1102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything looks good and happy, then let it be and just keep up with what you have been doing.
Everyone will have differing opinions on parameters but it comes down to what works for your setup and you. And honestly, seems like your nutrients are inline with a LPS/Softy setup anyhow. Keep doing your thing!
Ugh thank you so much I needed that haha

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ammonia reading is concerning.
Any reason you can think of why you might have some... recent death, stirred sand bed, very young tank?

If all is healthy and happy, I agree with Samina. It's just that if you truly happen to be in the early stages of an ammonia problem, all won't stay healthy and happy for long. I'd retest or get the lfs to test as well and go from there.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that real long term success comes from stability of those parameters.
The levels are fine.....keep up the good work.....and reduce flux as much as possible.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back