Fishroom Reality Check

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I kinda am, but low priority right now while I finish setting up and getting stocked. Feels too indulgent right now, lol

2) thanks, appreciate it. The girls definitely got their mommas looks. And smarts, come to think of it

3) steal away- I did. Just pay it forward by taking the time to do a build thread. Send me a message any time you need advice or have a question.

4) Jetties, mainly. It’s ok. Destin tends to be family time, and we’ve been bringing the in-laws with us since we moved to ATL, so sneaking out to dive feels too much like taking advantage for the baby sitting

But I’ve done a whole bunch of diving in Monterey, San Diego, Keys, Mexico, Egypt, UK (where I learned back home) some inland lakes in Kentucky, Indiana and Tennessee. San Diego for the wreck penetration diving, Monterey for 400 dives or so with sea lions, nudibranches, sea nettles and tube anemones and 10 foot visibility, lol.
Wow, that is amazing. I always wanted to learn to dive and then I developed mal de debarquement after cruising. I have been told diving will do the same.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, it will. And you don’t want to be at depth when the imbalance and vertigo start. Been there once, not pleasant. I’m sorry you couldn’t get to enjoy it.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I might be in possession of the ‘weird’ variety of clownfish specimen

7e965964637c0d8971f7b2eac9f0f30f.jpg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I went sooo a diving on the first cruise we took. It was amazing. We were sold! We were gonna sign up to take classes when we got home. Then I had vertigo for 4 weeks straight. Also was hospitalized with pancreatitis during that time. Anyway, I went on a 4 day cruise 5 years later and had vertigo for 8 weeks. So it was not a fluke or illness. It is mal de debarquement.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my hitchhiker tube anemone got ripped out it’s tube and eaten by one of the big urchins. Up front, right against the glass so I could watch.

Algae grazers my ***...

Can’t catch a break today since waking up at 4 am with a headache.
That is terrible. And 4 am headaches are terrible too.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is, girl 1 gets up at 6.15 sharp and is immediately into play mode, then breakfast etc until daycare run at 9- 9.30. Then I take a 1 hour walk with baby girl, and today I had to do emissions check and get the car Re-tagged, drop by UPS fir an international package pickup because the senders info confuses them, had to deal with a crazy skimmer overflowing it’s waste container and dumping 9 gallons of water on the (not 100% sealed) fishroom floor, salinity check in DT is fine, only moved 0.001 point. And now I need to hit Publix and gas station before daycare run to pick up girl 1.

Then it’s 2 rounds of dinner prep and clean up.

So I might get a chance for a quiet break at 9.30...

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming vertically up and down the side glass next to the overflow. Going upside down occasionally.

It’s where they slept last night, so haven’t been worried. Should I be?
I dunno. It is weird. But they both are doing it? The up and down the glass I have seen until mine settled into the anemone, but not upside down. I hope they are just quirky. Mind you I have only acclimated clowns three times. The first time they died within a couple days. Then I had the second pair for 11 years, and now the third set has been in QT for one month. So it is not like I have done this dozens of time.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s just quirk. Only upside down fir 3-5 seconds, 2-3 times an hour in late afternoon (both days they’ve been in, lol)

Right now, they are normal (yes, I have moved my butt off the couch in the past 6 hours...)

043703b66ada5df25d0b4e7c1be36db3.jpg

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s just quirk. Only upside down fir 3-5 seconds, 2-3 times an hour in late afternoon (both days they’ve been in, lol)

Right now, they are normal (yes, I have moved my *** off the couch in the past 6 hours...)

043703b66ada5df25d0b4e7c1be36db3.jpg

It’s probably the overflow annoying them

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like when those whales beach themselves due to being deafened by the sonar from subs?

Yeah, I considered it. Should I cross-post?

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went to fort walton beach high school! small world haha. Lived on holiday isle for most of my time in destin. Parents still live there and I visit.

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know- first world problems, right?

To be honest- i *could* get away with it, but in the interests of keeping things looking good, I have a self imposed restriction on electrical conduit running alongside plumbing. I even added extra studs in that particular section of the wall for support. Once I put the ATO controller up, I just envisioned it being way too crowded.

We’ll see how I feel once the electrical is actually up. I might change my mind back

I was going to model it on this tank-

ef854b386e9e032fb364b2efeb0eb039.jpg

https://www.nano-reef.com/featured/2016/brad908-r114/

But no macro-algae, and with a small group of sexy shrimp, a couple RFAs and a tube anemone.
That is a great model.
Less is more!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE THE MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT!

Lol, I didnt even notice...

2.5 year old watching bob the train, trying to get her to eat her dinner before momma left us alone for 4 hours to go hang out with friends.

It didn’t go well. She crashed out around 8.15, but 4 month old refused the bottle of BM and has been screaming non stop for an hour and a half. I just got done walking her around our garage in her stroller because it’s raining outside and the monitor for 2.5yo only goes so far . Momma got home and asked how it went...

Yeah, I’m walking around a garage at 9.45pm with a crying baby in a stroller...

Back