Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uugghh

14 more days in the pen little buddy

Daily 25% WC and 550mg NFG it is then
Just FYI, if you want to be lazy like me... Lol then you can do 50% WCs every other day still dosing the meds daily.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, if you want to be lazy like me... Lol then you can do 50% WCs every other day still dosing the meds daily.

Got it, thanks.

Serious question- what’s the purpose of the WC? Half life if nitrofurazone is 5 hours, so it’s not removing non-metabolized drug, is it to remove MB?

I might be super lazy and just run the entire volume through a carbon filter with an aqualifter at like 1/2 gallon per hour... slow enough that the drug can act before it ‘dies’ but constantly pulling out the MB

J/k, but only kinda. Now I have a mental game to play with how that would work

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you definitely do not want increased concentration of methalyne blue.

Even though nitrofurazone has a short half life the drug tints the water so you'd have that residual buildup as well.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the ‘@‘ thing actually send that person an alert? Seems like it acted like a bat signal for the QT-crew a few posts ago.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the ‘@‘ thing actually send that person an alert? Seems like it acted like a bat signal for the QT-crew a few posts ago.
Yes it gives you an alert that says that member mentioned you in that thread.

@neilp2006

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it gives you an alert that says that member mentioned you in that thread.

@neilp2006

Cool, thanks

07cfc9acc743078e47da3d793bededfd.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update

Started dosing Copper Power into the Tang QT- plan is 6 doses of 2.5ml (15g total volume) to raise CP by 0.29 ppm/dose . 6 doses over 3 days. Then on day 5 start GC with Met in days 7, 9, GC on day 11. That puts them at 10 days therapeutic copper on March 13th, into DT on March 14. Barring any issues coming up.

I decided to start QT despite PT HLLE simply to shorten the total time the two tangs are in the 20long. They are smallish- 3-3.5”- but they have the zoomies and need better swimming length.

Pinkie the goby is on day 2 of his NFG treatment. I did a 50% WC this morning and will do them every two days to keep MB in check.

I thought I lost my water mixing pump. Just crapped out. I have two pump bodies, but only 1 volute, so I kept the volute hooked up to the plumbing and twisted the body off, and put the spare body on (the original, before it had intermittent running issues) and back in business. I plugged the dead one in and it started right up. Maybe a blockage or air locked in the volute that cleared once I drained it. Water level in the barrel was pretty low so it may have sucked some air, but I didn’t hear any slurping

That’s it for today. Stay at home dad stuff going on until late.

Monday’s my birthday. Day 1 of daycare for Baby Teagan, so bittersweet, but it’ll give me time to spend a day on tank stuff. I have a project in the fishroom that’s been bugging me from day 1 and now needs to be sorted due to ‘an issue’. Nothing too serious- deets next week once complete

Later, slaters

Last edited:
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco called.

They said my pistol shrimp was in, has been since Thursday last week but it died this morning.

what the heck

They didn’t call, I’ve been in twice since then specifically asking, and was told it hadn’t arrived.

So, the girl asked if she should order another. I said sure, an Alpheus randalli. Thanks.

Crickets.

Girl : umm, so a pistol shrimp.
Me: yes, but a red-banded pistol shrimp.
Girl: oh, we have red stripy shrimp here. Like 6 of them.
Me: those are coral banded. Not what I want.
Girl: oh. Whats the difference?
Me: I explain the differences.
Girl: oh, ok. Well the one that died isn’t striped. It’s spotted. Like a tiger I guess.
Me: wait, so the shrimp that died that’s been there for a week is spotted like a ‘tiger’ (tigers are striped, but ok). Do you think maybe it was a tiger pistol shrimp?
Girl: yes, it’s a pistol shrimp.
Me: any chance I can talk to your manager before I make the drive?

Result: was a tiger pistol, not what I ordered which is why I wasn’t told. They also said they don’t ‘order’ stuff, they keep your name in file next to what you want and they tell you if it comes in. That’s not what I was told when I ordered it 6 weeks ago.

So- I’m going to bite the shipping charges and find one online. Maybe get a few other inverts too.

Uugghh

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco called.

They said my pistol shrimp was in, has been since Thursday last week but it died this morning.

what the heck

They didn’t call, I’ve been in twice since then specifically asking, and was told it hadn’t arrived.

So, the girl asked if she should order another. I said sure, an Alpheus randalli. Thanks.

Crickets.

Girl : umm, so a pistol shrimp.
Me: yes, but a red-banded pistol shrimp.
Girl: oh, we have red stripy shrimp here. Like 6 of them.
Me: those are coral banded. Not what I want.
Girl: oh. Whats the difference?
Me: I explain the differences.
Girl: oh, ok. Well the one that died isn’t striped. It’s spotted. Like a tiger I guess.
Me: wait, so the shrimp that died that’s been there for a week is spotted like a ‘tiger’ (tigers are striped, but ok). Do you think maybe it was a tiger pistol shrimp?
Girl: yes, it’s a pistol shrimp.
Me: any chance I can talk to your manager before I make the drive?

Result: was a tiger pistol, not what I ordered which is why I wasn’t told. They also said they don’t ‘order’ stuff, they keep your name in file next to what you want and they tell you if it comes in. That’s not what I was told when I ordered it 6 weeks ago.

So- I’m going to bite the shipping charges and find one online. Maybe get a few other inverts too.

Uugghh

Just get enough to qualify for free shipping!!!

[emoji41]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back