OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no, no. Save that 40B for an emergency. I wish I had a bigger tank when I got a toxic dinos. So now my 40B is tucked in a corner for a what if.
But, but, but... it's sitting where my lowboy 50 grow out is going and I haven't used it in 2 years.

Honestly though- yeah. That's actually a really good point.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOu guys are no help! Lol

Long: lights will be brighter due to shallow depth, easier to work in.
High: more light gradient due to 3 levels of rack, smaller footprint.

Shallower depth sounds easier to maintain. Not sure how long you plan to acclimate your corals but maybe having the length would allow you to keep more in there if needed. Extra wiggle room is always good.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallower depth sounds easier to maintain. Not sure how long you plan to acclimate your corals but maybe having the length would allow you to keep more in there if needed. Extra wiggle room is always good.
So If not a 15 gallon like me, a 10L. High never really offers positives beyond aesthetics, for the most part.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But, but, but... it's sitting where my lowboy 50 grow out is going and I haven't used it in 2 years.

Honestly though- yeah. That's actually a really good point.
I hope you never need it. I got mine for $2 per 1gallon sale. So worth keeping it.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coral QT plan is to batch buy a bunch If frags and keep them isolated with three saltwater acclimated mollies to detect parasites. Couple rounds of coral dip too to take care of those nastiest.

Thinking 4 weeks will be enough to tell me if they are carrying ich/velvet, then into DT. If the mollies get infected with something, it'll be a full 76 days once I remove the mollies.

And by 'batch' I mean like15-20 frags. I'm tired of looking at rocks, lol

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will mollies breed in saltwater? If so I can see them being great in a refugium. Mollies eat the algae that grows in the fuge, make babies, babies feed the reef?
Dudette- that is sooooooo dark.

But yes, I believe they can. They'll be going into my 'display' macro fuge long term

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back