OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys- (well, the 4 people I know read my thread anyway...)

Need stocking suggestiins. Something cool and flashy.

Got

Onyx perculas x2
Yellow tang
Purple tang
Pink spot goby
Randall’s goby
Mag Foxface
Single dispar anthias

On the list
6-7 more dispars
Couple ruby red mandarins
Scooter blenny
Lawnmower blenny
McCoskers flasher wrasse

(I know that’s pod predator heavy, but once PhytoPod farm V2.0 is up, I’ll be adding about 10-15k pods to DT every 2 weeks)

Definitely not
Hippo tang- U-G-L-Y
Any more tangs unless exceptional. If you say Gem, you get a full disadulation.
Blue/green chromis
Cardinals. Why, just why?

Maybe

Copperband butterfly
Midas blenny
Springers damsel x3-4

9517775D-ECAB-476D-87D4-9C43A3A2EC39.jpeg

This is where I get stuck. Any ideas? If you

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of hawkfish, but I suggest a pair for the behavior. Flame hawk pair? Singles are common but beautiful. BUT a mated pair!
Starry blenny and name him Albus.
Chrysiptera Sprineri & name them all Victoria. In honor of your #1 fan and follower. (What can I saw, your fishroom lured me in)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a pair or trio of blue gudgeon dartfish?

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the efff?! I haven’t been getting notifications on your thread and I missed, like, 6 pages worth of updates!

Oh and hippos are not ugly... not mine anyway

Nice updates man!

I have some chaeto from Battlecorals so let me know when you want to try and I can send you some clean stuff.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the aftermath of a three hour power cut this morning. Gyre flow 12v backup worked great, kept things churned for O2 transfer.

Tank is fine, other than my return chamber water level is 1.5” low. I somehow ‘lost’ 1.5 gallons of water somewhere. It’s actually in my DT- my weir teeth are totally submerged and im getting a bit more flow than usual through the secondary. I’m going to wait and see if it balances out. ATO is off for the monent as it sorts itself out.

Had the much maligned ‘Apex failed to reconnect internet’ nonsense (my $23 nanny cam can do it, but it’s too hard for my $900 controller to figure out... get it together @NeptunePaul). Also had a failure of the eb8 to follow a ‘Fallback:On’ command on my return outlet, so when I pulled the aqyabus cable to restart the head unit, my pump turned off, even the outlet was still plugged in. THANKS! That’s SO NOT what I’d supposed to happen.

Other than all that: breakfast in the dark by the glow of the iPad was fun, until it wasn’t, and it’s hard to find a precocious 3 year old *hiding somewhere’ When there are no lights.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry @NeptunePaul, didn’t mean to call you out.

But if you are working for Neptune- what gives with the internet issue? It’s still happening and it kinda negates the useability of remote control if I literally have to go hands on with it to restart and reconnect.

There must be a way of doing a software update for it to wait 3 minutes after power up to try to connect the network. I understand the issue to be that it looks for a connection very quickly, typically before an attached router has reconnected, then it doesn’t try again if it doesn’t find one. That’s crazy to me.

I guess I could buy a ups for my router, but why can’t a $250 head unit do it itself?

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like we both share the same amount of dedication to our builds. Well done sir, well done!
Thanks! I appreciate that.

But if you think that’s any good- I need to introduce you to @Dubs83 and @Victoria M . It’s their fishroom builds that inspired me to do mine

You’ll enjoy reading both very very much, as have I

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check these babies out!!!

5A1B79C9-7802-43FD-9FF6-B6DC806EFE6E.jpeg

I’m torn.

I have a fungia plate in coral QT that hasn’t been doing so well.

But look at the tentacles on that guy! And the ULTRA!

Imma gonna do it I think . I’ll need to come back tomorrow though, don’t have time to deal with it with daycare pickup etc

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of hawkfish, but I suggest a pair for the behavior. Flame hawk pair? Singles are common but beautiful. BUT a mated pair!
Starry blenny and name him Albus.
Chrysiptera Sprineri & name them all Victoria. In honor of your #1 fan and follower. (What can I saw, your fishroom lured me in)

Thanks Vic!

Not a big fan of the flame hawkfish but a longnose or a pixy might be cool

Albus? Disney AND Potter? Whodathunk!

Yeah, I like the springers. But Vic 1, vic2, vic3 etc might have my wife wondering who Vic is, lol

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Vic!

Not a big fan of the flame hawkfish but a longnose or a pixy might be cool

Albus? Disney AND Potter? Whodathunk!

Yeah, I like the springers. But Vic 1, vic2, vic3 etc might have my wife wondering who Vic is, lol
Yer shooting holes in my recommendations. There is no 1,2,3 - just Victoria.
A mated pair makes the cool part of the flame hawk part. I love those other ones too. Do they become mated pairs?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back