0   0   0
BFF59DD4-8077-484E-9AC9-6B8AB6B68A02.jpeg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, abd havecread 3 reports on its success against Chrysophytes in that big thread. However, when contacted by pm, 2 out of the three doubted the vibrant really had any effect because they were also doing things like blackouts, peroxide, nutrient boosting.

I’m going to be more rigorous with my scrubbing abd keeping nutrients high. Fortunately, at this point, I’m not seeing any continued growth, but I do have a several patches. My feeling is that scrub and dose will eventually win. Hopefully via GHA and cyano colonization. Then I can hit it with more waste away and/or chemiclean and the tangs will enjoy the GHA.

Sorry if that’s not coherent- bad migraine today and I’m seeing sounds right now, lol
Migraines are no joke. I can not believe all the crazy crap I have been experiencing is likely migraine.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,currently awaiting parts from amazon and eBay to finish a project, but I’m in a dispute with an eBay seller because of the quality of some stuff I got. Way below par (wait, below par is good, right? Sports metaphors suck) . This means that, while I was able to tinker test something today, I’m unlikely to get it finished up until end of next week. Whatever- plenty of stuff around here to do.

Anyway- here’s today’s teaser pic...

2141148B-FCD7-42E8-957A-AE20F4EA50CB.jpeg

55D08A39-496C-45AD-9C33-51BF0B0EBFD5.jpeg

Lol!

That’s 15w, 1600 lumens of 6500K goodness right there. And that’s 1 of 4...
Lighting DIY is above my ability. Is this For the display then?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, abd havecread 3 reports on its success against Chrysophytes in that big thread. However, when contacted by pm, 2 out of the three doubted the vibrant really had any effect because they were also doing things like blackouts, peroxide, nutrient boosting.

I’m going to be more rigorous with my scrubbing abd keeping nutrients high. Fortunately, at this point, I’m not seeing any continued growth, but I do have a several patches. My feeling is that scrub and dose will eventually win. Hopefully via GHA and cyano colonization. Then I can hit it with more waste away and/or chemiclean and the tangs will enjoy the GHA.

Sorry if that’s not coherent- bad migraine today and I’m seeing sounds right now, lol
I bought vibrant for the gha. I am doingthat dino treatment btw.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting DIY is above my ability. Is this For the display then?
Nope. This is high intensity, low power consumption sunlight spectrum for ...

I’m still working out the details for the display lighting. Led tech changes so fast that diy builds are commonly obsolete by the time you start planning to finishing. I’m going to get my plans set then bite the bullet and go for it. Other side of Christmas at this point

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. This is high intensity, low power consumption sunlight spectrum for ...

I’m still working out the details for the display lighting. Led tech changes so fast that diy builds are commonly obsolete by the time you start planning to finishing. I’m going to get my plans set then bite the bullet and go for it. Other side of Christmas at this point
Ok. I figured it out then but I will await the final reveal!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got our 3 year old introduced to kayaking! She loved it. We have a 14ft inflatable double seat kayak I use(d) for doing 3-4 day kayak hammock camping trips up in Kentucky. Place called land between the lakes. It’s all backcountry camping, 200 miles of shoreline. ATV trails. @Victoria M , you’d love it I think.

Anyway, Georgia is all about paid campgrounds with ZERO boat accessible backcountry camping. All tent pads and power hookups. Not my scene. Anyway, the kayak has been in storage for a couple years so it was awesome getting it rigged up and put in.

We did have a small incident with a 4 foot water snake making it half way up the gunwhale before I shooed it off with a paddle, but Callie thought that was “really awesome!’ . Mom didn’t think so.

Girls are going pumpkin shopping, I’m getting another couple hours on the lake. Then home.

Big day in the fishroom and qt area tomorrow- bunch of water changes and some project work. Then I’m going coral shopping on Tuesday- some encrusting montis an elegance and an RBTA if I can find one. Going to do ‘the tour’ of the 6 stores in a 75 mile radius of the house. Fun times.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got our 3 year old introduced to kayaking! She loved it. We have a 14ft inflatable double seat kayak I use(d) for doing 3-4 day kayak hammock camping trips up in Kentucky. Place called land between the lakes. It’s all backcountry camping, 200 miles of shoreline. ATV trails. @Victoria M , you’d love it I think.

Anyway, Georgia is all about paid campgrounds with ZERO boat accessible backcountry camping. All tent pads and power hookups. Not my scene. Anyway, the kayak has been in storage for a couple years so it was awesome getting it rigged up and put in.

We did have a small incident with a 4 foot water snake making it half way up the gunwhale before I shooed it off with a paddle, but Callie thought that was “really awesome!’ . Mom didn’t think so.

Girls are going pumpkin shopping, I’m getting another couple hours on the lake. Then home.

Big day in the fishroom and qt area tomorrow- bunch of water changes and some project work. Then I’m going coral shopping on Tuesday- some encrusting montis an elegance and an RBTA if I can find one. Going to do ‘the tour’ of the 6 stores in a 75 mile radius of the house. Fun times.
That sounds fantastic! I've been meaning to bring my boat up there and doing some fishing. One of these days I need to make that happen.

Well.... water snakes not so fantastic. Not sure why they have such a fascination with boats. I've had to shoo a couple out of my bass boat before. Not fun. A few years ago a Bassmasters tournament fisherman had to switch boats because a cotton mouth got in his boat and animal control couldn't find it to get it out.

Enjoy your last couple hours!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so, two days away was enough for my PT to turn in my Yellow and cause quite a bit of damage. Lower fin and tail fin are in shreds. No lacerations fortunately.

Any tips on catching a yellow tang in a tank with basically non- removable rockwork. Thinking I’ll wait until lights out and place some eggcrate dividers, then try to corner her and net her out. Put her in hospital until she recovers and fattens up

Also- I’ll be placing a mirror to occupy the PTs attention- let him blow off some steam on his reflection

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so, two days away was enough for my PT to turn in my Yellow and cause quite a bit of damage. Lower fin and tail fin are in shreds. No lacerations fortunately.

Any tips on catching a yellow tang in a tank with basically non- removable rockwork. Thinking I’ll wait until lights out and place some eggcrate dividers, then try to corner her and net her out. Put her in hospital until she recovers and fattens up

Also- I’ll be placing a mirror to occupy the PTs attention- let him blow off some steam on his reflection

Hey buddy!!!

Yea my PT is a homicidal little . When he was terrorizing one of the smaller PTs, I ended up doing exactly what you’re saying. Egg crate to separate the aggressor for a few days along with a small Barbie mirror I stole from my daughter. Lol. Kept him occupied while I nursed the others to health. Having said that, I didn’t remove the bullied fish, allowed them to get comfortable in the tank and a few days later, reintroduced the bully.

If I were you, I’d probably remove the PT as he’ll probably just get more territorial when you reintroduce the YT. Just a thought.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy!!!

Yea my PT is a homicidal little . When he was terrorizing one of the smaller PTs, I ended up doing exactly what you’re saying. Egg crate to separate the aggressor for a few days along with a small Barbie mirror I stole from my daughter. Lol. Kept him occupied while I nursed the others to health. Having said that, I didn’t remove the bullied fish, allowed them to get comfortable in the tank and a few days later, reintroduced the bully.

If I were you, I’d probably remove the PT as he’ll probably just get more territorial when you reintroduce the YT. Just a thought.
Hey man! How you doing?

You don’t mean remove the PT permanently, right?

I feel like the YT might need a ruby bath and some 1-1 time for feeding abd nursing. Just too much real estate to be sure she’s eating enough and I’m paranoid about a bacterial infection.

Pt is in the corner flashing and swiping the mirror for around 3 hours now. Got a lot of pent up issues apparently

Back