OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The legs gave me the scooter FREE as a gift for being a good customer. That was March. I haven’t been back since I don’t respect the guys judgement any more

I stole those pics from google, lol.

I love your pics. I prefer ‘real’ pics over the heavily cropped or shopped ones. More realism helps set expectations.

I don’t post many pics since my tank has brown sludge algae, aka Chrysophytes. It’s a stalemate right now but at least it’s not advancing.

I like your free-climbing ruby red- very neat

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every picture can't be a perfect shot - sometimes the candid moments are the best ones. I empathize with you about the brown sludge algae. Been battling green hair algae for a couple of months now. At least I know I can grow that properly! ha.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always misplacing my testing syringe at the sw production facility...

D0E7B88D-9199-4CD7-B671-EA3F4AB4F3F8.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH MAN! OH MAN! OH MAN!

I’m stoked.

Following the loss of the YT, I’ve been catching up on the current QT protocols in anticipation of stocking some new fish. I’ve been procrastinating this for months following some losses, then getting busy with life. At this point, I’m at 1/4 capacity and had zero plans, but that needs to change.

There appears to be a game changer protocol researched by humblefish. @Victoria M put me onto it a few weeks ago but I didn’t fully take it on board because it’s wasn’t clear that it would be effective against velvet, which is RIFE in the NA Georgia/ATL area. I reread the thread and a couple refinements have shown it’s effective against EVERYTHING!!!

I’m in the process of confirming it is also suitable for very difficult species such as anthias, flasher wrasses and -here’s the amaze balls- dragonets!

This protocol will make it possible to live feed pods to dragonets through the entire QT period EXCEPT for a literal 1 hour period.

It’s ok, I’ll give you time to pick your jaw up off the floor!

Going to reorganize my QT area to free up some real estate and try some hybrid TTM on this batch.

20g long coral QT is underutilized, so the 20g will become fish observation tank

Coral QT will now be a new 10g with sand and live rock for a more natural look

Invert QT remains the same. Invert and coral QT will move benches to free up the long bench for 2x10g TTM tanks and the 20long

Means I have some electrical work to do abd some moving active tanks. Will drain and keep 50% conditioned water in buckets while I move the tanks. These petco 10g tanks are so thin I hate moving them with even 2 g of water inside.

Next week- fish shopping!!!

I’m so excited.

Game changer!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send more info re: dragonets please!
The new qt is a mix of regular TTM with 2 x 30 minute hydrogen peroxide dips right before transfer 1 and 3. Since there is no medication in the water , copepods survive- so you can dump a jar in at the start of each transfer and they’ll have plenty to eat for the 3 days. That does make it $100 meal plan though-so breeding your own is the most cost effective.

After the 12 days TTM, it’s into observation for 14 days, then display. You can feed with general cure and focus mixed with food during the TTM to take care of internal parasites.

Once I get my new pod culture established, I’ll be doing a ruby red pair and a scooter.

But I’m going to do a run through with a Midas blenny, a starry blenny and a mccoskers flasher wrasse if I can find them

Last edited:
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned my two gyres the other day, and I guess I didn’t put the flow cagesbon just right, because I woke up Thursday morning to some shifted sand. Unfortunately, Thursday night , my fungia got completely buried, and it was probably around 16 hours before I noticed. Today, it’s all skeleton. Completely white. :(

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned my two gyres the other day, and I guess I didn’t put the flow cagesbon just right, because I woke up Thursday morning to some shifted sand. Unfortunately, Thursday night , my fungia got completely buried, and it was probably around 16 hours before I noticed. Today, it’s all skeleton. Completely white. :(
That stinks. :(

I did something similar and almost lost my Trachy. Now I don't take them apart to clean them. I have a thick plastic bag I use to line the metal case they came in. Fill it 2/3rd with vinegar and put the pump in. Top it off with water and let it soak for an hour or 2. I probably should scrub all the loose stuff off when they are done soaking but I just put them right back into the tank instead. 2 days later they are completely clean. It's all I've done for over a year and have had fewer issues than when I was taking them apart.

Are you going to leave it in the tank for awhile to see if anything can grow back?

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do the same with a 2 gallon bucket, but this rime decided to disassemble and scrub. First time I’ve done it and this is the result. I won’t be doing it again

I might pull it and put it in QT tank. Or move it to a spot with no sand movement

I don’t like to take stuff like that out since you never know. I have a golf ball sized urchin she’ll in there I have my fingers crossed for (;))

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can’t help but get SUPER EXCITED about this little tuft of GHA. This is confirmation that I’m headed in the correct direction in my battle against Chrysophytes

Dosing nitrate abd phosphorus, as well as scrubbing and siphoning has been tedious, but I’m making headway. I think a couple more scrubs, and continued Waste Away dosing for the cyano, and I’ll be right where I want to be

838F256C-805E-4CC1-9C5E-AF6ED883BF5C.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. That really stinks about the coral. Was that a serpent star leg at the end of the video. The pulsing zenia looked so lovely. Mine melted when the dinos got bad. :( we are hoping to get some again.
Yeah- Legs McGhee moves around constantly. It’s fun trying to figure out where he lodged up for the day

Back