OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 9” tube anemone with bright ultra green mouth and pink tentacles from a local reefer. Been looking fir one for a while abd made 3 trips to a store an hour away after they called me to say they had them in, but they were never the pink and green I requested.

Here’s the new addition (delivery meet up in 2-3 weeks)

ABEADCF7-F7E1-4D18-8075-D8C652F288EB.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go :)
Dude, thanks

Side note: I used to live in San Francisco and went to cal academy of science the first weekend. The mangroves were crazy and they’d been growing them in troughs for 7 years - they planted them the day they found out they were breaking ground. Those things were incredible.

They also have a 30-40 foot long, 6-8 foot wide 18” deep lagoon with a walkway bridge over the middle. BIG radions and metal halides saruratingbthe whole thing with amazing light (supplemented with natural light too). They filled it with 4 species of clams, couple inches to a couple feet long. Somewhere around 50-60 individual clams... was mind blowing. Wish I hadn’t been robbed of my camera the next day...

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost 2 years since I read that thread, might be time for a revisit. Sad to see he hasn't been on recently.

Can't wait to see what you've got planned with this inspiration though

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transfer day for the RBTA

I pulled her out of her QT with about 1/3rd gallon of qt water, then dropped in DT water from the sump up to the gallon mark, poured off 1/2 then dropped again. Took about 75 minutes. I brought her upstairs, and tried coaxing her off the shell, to no avail. Credit card, powerhead, finally tried suspending her over a Pyrex dish of tank water, upside down so that just her tentacles were touching water (several forum members swear by this technique). She was about 80% detached when u got a call that my 15 month old was running a fever- so I put Nemma in the tank, with her little shell abd rock base, and took care of family business.

Not positioned anywhere near how I envisioned, but my thinking is that even if I had gotten her situated, she’d jump off and walk anyway, so no big deal.

I also transferred the 2 fungia plates, but am pretty dismayed to see that some bleaching has occurred. Wasn’t evident in the QT running a viparspectra 165, but under the mars aqua, they are definitely not in as top shape as when I got them. Still good tentacle extension, still great green fluorescence, but lost some of the pale blue and dark purple striping under whites

C0476234-35A6-4B09-AD87-2E5BB30F781F.jpeg
13008F63-1B11-47DB-8132-5E47808871D5.jpeg
2E9BCED7-9DF5-4D7C-A161-0E539F0893B5.jpeg
0367DD3A-8B85-4542-8643-C11C847A58F0.jpeg
DC66986B-0BA6-48B7-A48A-F7ADEE82A639.jpeg

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a flame fin tomini. Hopefully reduce some of the low grade aggression from the PT towards foxface. Since the YT went to the farm, MJ has been hiding under the overhang a little more than usual

F1D78204-6A6D-42EA-ABDC-C97A2874E5B1.jpeg

And a desjardini sailfin, as well. In the DT before Christmas

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And trying to track down a lowboy 50 frag tank.

Also: Santa might bring me a CaRx if I can find a budget one that doesnt blow the pocketbook. Been looking at a georeef but they are a little pricey

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen this video?

I Haven't, but I did see it the other day. I haven't watched it. I got flu on Wednesday and been down since then. I was well enough Thursday to take Katie to urgent care for over fluids and tamiflu, but then it knocked me on my butt on Thursday night.

I have 4 days left with the fluconazile, then I'm dosing 2 days chemiclean, then a rock scrub, siphon and 30% WC on Saturday. Once I get eyes on the tank Sunday, I'll figure out if it needs more work

How you doing these days?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Haven't, but I did see it the other day. I haven't watched it. I got flu on Wednesday and been down since then. I was well enough Thursday to take Katie to urgent care for over fluids and tamiflu, but then it knocked me on my *** on Thursday night.

I have 4 days left with the fluconazile, then I'm dosing 2 days chemiclean, then a rock scrub, siphon and 30% WC on Saturday. Once I get eyes on the tank Sunday, I'll figure out if it needs more work

How you doing these days?
I have had a couple good days then bad again. Still sucks. I quit taking the trokendi due to burning stinging paresthesias in my legs arms and face. That was just too much.
Sorry you all got the flu. It is trully horrible. The kids ok so far though?
I thought of you with the video because they were dealing with chrysophytes in the experimental tanks. And it was THE most effective in the marco type dry rock with chrysophytes

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at this point- I've done them htbrid TTM on a Midas Blenny and have had her in a 20long observation for 15 days.

Good body tone, swimming well, eating great. A little shy. Poops are normal, no visible anything on her.

Planning to move to display today/tomorrow. Is she good to go?

Thoughts? @Victoria M you did hybrid TTM with no molly test, right? What's your call?

ALso, about to watch that video- thanks for thinking of me!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen this video?

I want to like these guys experiments, but they really need to add some negative controls.

That's pretty small tank- how are we not sure those algaes wouldn't just reduce naturally over 9 weeks? Low bioload, smallish volume. Also, no corals, so any comment on report she that it harms some lps from the big thread?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at this point- I've done them htbrid TTM on a Midas Blenny and have had her in a 20long observation for 15 days.

Good body tone, swimming well, eating great. A little shy. Poops are normal, no visible anything on her.

Planning to move to display today/tomorrow. Is she good to go?

Thoughts? @Victoria M you did hybrid TTM with no molly test, right? What's your call?

ALso, about to watch that video- thanks for thinking of me!
15 days is not enough in my opinion. However, The point is of the hybrid transfer method is to be able to transfer safely to the DT at that point right? I just like the full 1 month because it gives most disease a chance to pop up.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back