Fishroom Reality Check

U

User1

View Badges
YEah, I'm a bit bummed. The feather duster went through a full 76 day QT because it had sand grains incorporated into its paper tube and I didn't want want to risk ich. Then, 5 day she after I put him in display I see this little aiptasia head popping up. I pulled the duster out and swamped the aiptasia hole with glue. 2 weeks later, its back- so ininjected it with lemon juice and watched it shrivel up and dissolve. But the sand around where the duster was now uas 6 little anemones right there.
I know it's probablynput a bunch of little babies all over the place- I wish there was something I could do to nip it in the bud.

Yeah, I hear you. You did the right thing though by trying to manually clear it but as you say the spores spread and it is established at that point in time. I tried peppermints and have had luck with them before but I'm not a fan of them. They are little terrors of their own and will steal food from corals that have mouths such as duncans and elegances, etc.

Hope all is well with you and yours!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking better

IMG_1926.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so cool!
Is the fish in the picture partnered?
It wasn't intended to be, but it is now! Lol

I bought the candy cane pistol to pair with my Randall's goby. Abdvthey hung out doing the thing for like 2 months. Then Randall died after My blackout for the chrysiphytes.

Do I got a tiger pistol a few months ago, and put it in the tank, and haven't seen it since. I saw evidence of sand movement from AnnaBeths cave but figured it was the Tiger.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the feather duster, it was the molt of my cleaner shrimp. Intact. I swear I thought she'd kidnapped Leo and was taking him for a joyride.

Moved my purple cap hammer up 4" and 12" to the left. More direct PAR a bit more direct flow. I also haven it a decent chunk of mysis. I did notice 2 little bud around the base, but it's been in a bit of a decline since February. It never really seemed to do much more than exist in its old spot, while the ultra green I got a week before is triple the size and has fat tenticles . Hoping it likes its new spot

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the feather duster, it was the molt of my cleaner shrimp. Intact. I swear I thought she'd kidnapped Leo and was taking him for a joyride.

Moved my purple cap hammer up 4" and 12" to the left. More direct PAR a bit more direct flow. I also haven it a decent chunk of mysis. I did notice 2 little bud around the base, but it's been in a bit of a decline since February. It never really seemed to do much more than exist in its old spot, while the ultra green I got a week before is triple the size and has fat tenticles . Hoping it likes its new spot
Cool. I hope it loves his new home.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So- planned to call BlueZoo to get an idea of whether the Springer Damsels they'd have are true, or dark, form, and I can't get them on the phone. Plus- they are out of stock! Uughhh.

But an hour later I searched for some dispar anthias, and found some on LA... so now i have 7 with an ETA of Friday morning!!

Now I just needs to finding 3-4 hours to clean up in the QT area and juggle a few things!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomi finally swimming with the mollies. She has a couple white nodules on her fin that makes me think the mouth ulcer was in fact lympho.
IMG_1984.JPG
IMG_1985.JPG

Tiger nassarius snails are so pretty
IMG_1991.JPG

This gsp started as two polyps left from transfer in game my main colony to its rock. I stuck them to this 3" long oyster shell with a dab of glue and didn't hold out much hope

IMG_1989.JPG

My 'parent' RBTA looks ok but is doing a bit of a stretch from under the overhamg

IMG_1987.JPG

Michael J and Santos playing for the camera
IMG_1994.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to convert my empty 40g fuge section in my sump to a planted tank soooooo bad... but im still dosing nitrates and po4 just to keep my levels up in the display. I only have like 6 fish and 7 corals.

uugghh. my stocking is ridiculously low. im working on increasing numbers but LA is giving me the run around with dispars (let me order 7, then tell me a week later they have 2...)

anyway- im tempted to get a cheap doser, and go full tilt with the macro fuge and dose Nitrate, phosphate, iron and manganese, and lugols.

of course- i have a half dozen other projects i keep dipping into, like the PhytoPod farm, the cryptic fuge, a water station expansion, wiring up the APEX conduit style, plumbing in the frag tank (but i have zero big colonies that need fragging, soooooo),

i feel like i need a solid 2-3 days a week for a month, and for vendors to actually follow through on orders and ill be over the hump thats keeping me sticking to low effort stuff right now.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss my lab sometimes...
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG

Counting Nanno. 7 days in culture, 100- fold increase in cell density. 3 more days of tracking and it should hit stationary phase. Then I split at a 1:15 ratio and go 10 days again.

Back