OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microscope on your dime vs microscope on their dime.
That was technically on my dime (I cut salary for 3 years to cover it) since i wanted my students to have it dor their phd projects. I had to leave it behind when things went south. I ended up 'gifting' it to the departments so they could finish their projects

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was technically on my dime (I cut salary for 3 years to cover it) since i wanted my students to have it dor their phd projects. I had to leave it behind when things went south. I ended up 'gifting' it to the departments so they could finish their projects
Oh, that had to sting a little then. I was kidding! ;Wacky

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that had to sting a little then. I was kidding! ;Wacky
Lol, a little, yeah. Like, one of the kids college funds plus a car.

Deal was I would be able to adjust my salary to get it paid back over the following five years once my new grant ($2.6M) activated. They canned me and 'lost' the paperwork 4 weeks before activation date, thinking they'd still keep the money. They hadn't looked at the stipulations closely enough and didn't realise it couldn't be transferred so they lost 70%.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting phatt!

IMG_2003.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, did a little late night buzzed shopping from a local kids FB store. Like 24 yo killing it from his parents basement

IMG_2010.JPG
Another little Bizarro Cyph to spread over my side glass

IMG_2013.PNG
Darth maul porites

IMG_2012.PNG

Blastomussa

IMG_2014.PNG

JF fruity pebbles

Which is supposed to color up something crazy under the right lights... here's hoping!
IMG_2011.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan is to throw those guys in QT with 3 SW mollies for 4 weeks to confirm parasite free, then get them in the DT. Much more attractive prospect than 76 days in a small QT

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to cover an 18"x24" tile with the bizarro, then attach that to my side glass under the overflow. Cover the entire end glass with yellow sunflowers!

I'm tempted to put my little oyster shell GSP frag up on the overflow box. Peel it off and split it into 4 pieces and glue it to the box.

Or cover the box with Alien Pox Cyph of I can find it

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local scene is all about gross nasty Zoas so it's been hard to get a hold of acans and cyphastrea, so I'm looking forward to growing a bunch out and reintroducing them locally if I can

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uugghh

Just got an email from LA saying they have springers damsels in finally. Been waiting 6 weeks.

I go to place an order, thinkingbillboad it out with a new Midas blenny/ DesJ sailfin.

Out of stock On both.

Ok- lawnmower blenny.

Out of stock

Sailfin blenny

OOS

Ember Blenny

OOS.

Uughh

So- I go to cart, and with box fee, shipping and tax, my $45 is now $98...

Guess I'll wait a bit longer then

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights off at 10. Since I'm an insomniac I rarely go to bed before 1230 or so. Usually use a red led to check tank over looking for critters.

I just saw a 4-5" long bristleworm EATING MY MINT TIP PURPLE TORCH!!!

It's eaten away around a quarter sized span of flesh from the base, all the way down to the skeleton.

what the heck!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights off at 10. Since I'm an insomniac I rarely go to bed before 1230 or so. Usually use a red led to check tank over looking for critters.

I just saw a 4-5" long bristleworm EATING MY MINT TIP PURPLE TORCH!!!

It's eaten away around a quarter sized span of flesh from the base, all the way down to the skeleton.

what the heck!
Holy crap! Surprised really. Never seen my bristleworms go for corals. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap! Surprised really. Never seen my bristleworms go for corals. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough.
I'm disappointed. I actually introduced 3 that I found in my coral QT into my display. They came in on my gsp frag way back, survived dip by virtue of hiding out inside a big fold in the mat. When I fragged the big golf ball sized mess into strips that I transplanted into a rock, out crawled a bristeworm. Cue several pages of discussion regarding usefulness and nature in the tank, and I decided the added diversity of a 'peaceful' useful detritivore was a good thing. So I put him in the display.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back