Nemo and Dori. Lol

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it that having a couple of very small Clown fish and a Blue Tang in a 13.5 Gallon tank is a no no. The blue tang will eventually outgrow the tank and I'd have to own a sea world size tank to keep it. Any suggestions on what types of fish and how many is max in the 13.5 Gallon Evo with the exception of the cleanup crew?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it that having a couple of very small Clown fish and a Blue Tang in a 13.5 Gallon tank is a no no. The blue tang will eventually outgrow the tank and I'd have to own a sea world size tank to keep it. Any suggestions on what types of fish and how many is max in the 13.5 Gallon Evo with the exception of the cleanup crew?
If planning 2 clowns I would say that's it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see where this Saltwater Aquarium life is about to take me. Lol. Like they said in the movie Jaws, "We're going to need a bigger boat". Well in my case, I'm going to need a bigger tank!... Lol

Upvote 0

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a clown and a blue spot goby in a 14 gal. Cool thing though is that is a perfect setup for some really cool inverts. I have a Pom Pom crab, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp, some glowing marginella snails, and a serpent star. Those little tanks are great for inverts because you will actually get to see them from time to time versus in a large system where you may drop a 30$ Pom Pom crab in and never see it again

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. If I put a Mandarin Goby or any other colorful Goby and 2 Clown fish and a Scarlett Skunk Cleaner shrimp in the 13.5 Gallon Tank, would that work? I know for that size tank 4 fish is Max.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually my first attempt with starting a saltwater reef aquarium. My uncle has one and I've always been fascinated with oceanic life but never actually tried until now. He told me be patient and start small but I'm the go big or nothing kind of person. Lol.

Upvote 0

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be patient. Don’t go bigger than your budget or you will be discouraged. I’m fact, work well within your budget and never underestimate monthly or emergency cost. You can put yourself in serious debt with this hobby. Stick around and ask lots of questions. This board has actual experts. Not the self proclaimed kind ( we have those too, see user Townes can camp for an example), but people who have spent their lives learning and teaching others about this hobby and marine biology. When it’s time to build a stand, we have cabinet makers to bother, chemists to set us straight on water chemistry, electricians for wiring tanks, plc engineers if you want to automate, software nerds when your automation doesn’t work.

Upvote 0

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I definitely appreciate you taking the time to explain.
I'd recommend going with the biggest tank you can afford. Bigger is easier in the saltwater game.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Clown Goby.
Ocellaris Clownfish.
Neon Blue Goby.
Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse.
Yellowtail Damselfish.
Purple Firefish.
These are the 6 types alot of people speak of when it comes to the tank I'm going to use. I want something colorful and that moves around. My first 2 outside these 6 will be the Cleaner Shrimp and Maybe a small crab to help with maintenance. Then 2 of the 6 from that list. Any suggestions out of those 6 in the list from what I'm looking for?

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back