Nemo is dying help me

Cankobes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i need help, i have been having problem with my nemo, currently im keeping a 2-3 nemo in my tank and it keeps on dying every single day. All of the parameters are fine but only the level of nitrite is high but it still wont go down after adding the nitrite removal solution. I have been doing water changes for a few times and nothing seem to work, even the nitrite level still haven’t go down.Please help me.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i need help, i have been having problem with my nemo, currently im keeping a 2-3 nemo in my tank and it keeps on dying every single day. All of the parameters are fine but only the level of nitrite is high but it still wont go down after adding the nitrite removal solution. I have been doing water changes for a few times and nothing seem to work, even the nitrite level still haven’t go down.Please help me.
So a few questions. You say "Nemo". Do you mean an anemone, or do you mean a clownfish like in "Finding Nemo"?
Also, if Nitrite is in your tank, you may not have a fully cycled tank. How old is the tank? Can you give me some more information such as the lighting your using, Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite numbers? Salinity and temperature would be nice as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You may be getting a false nitrate reading. See if you can have a friend bring their nitrate tester over or take water sample to pet store and have them check.
Sick - How is fishs' breathing and does it have a milky, slimy appearance or is skin clear with good color?

HOW LONG HAS YOUR TANK CYCLED?

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, you say 2-3 "nemo" does that mean you are keeping 3 clownfish in the same tank? if so, that may be another reason, you should only ever have a pair ( or 1 ) otherwise they will fight.

Please stop buying clownfish until you have everything stabled out. Think of them as cats or dogs, if your dog kept dying, you wouldn't just go to the shelter the next day and get a new one, that would be animal abuse. This is animal abuse.

OP
OP
Cankobes

Cankobes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few questions. You say "Nemo". Do you mean an anemone, or do you mean a clownfish like in "Finding Nemo"?
Also, if Nitrite is in your tank, you may not have a fully cycled tank. How old is the tank? Can you give me some more information such as the lighting your using, Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite numbers? Salinity and temperature would be nice as well.
Sorry, it is clownfish,my bad .
I have 3 tanks in total, all containing 3 clownfish each. All of the tank was cycled with saltwater for 3 month.
Tank one
Nitrate = 50
Nitrite = 5
Tank two
Nitrate = 25
Nitrite = 2
Tank 3
Nitrate = 25
Nitrite =1
All Ammonia is 0
All Salinity is at 30ppt
Temperature is 25-27 degree celcius
My tank is equipped with pump filter,biofilter and crushed coral

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be getting a false nitrate reading. See if you can have a friend bring their nitrate tester over or take water sample to pet store and have them check.
Sick - How is fishs' breathing and does it have a milky, slimy appearance or is skin clear with good color?

That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe brook or a remote possibility.. Lack of sufficient aeration.

OP
OP
Cankobes

Cankobes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It has been cycling for 3 months, and already tried a friend’s tester and showed the same reading. Maybe i should try bringing it to a pet store to be tested.

The fish breathing is fine and their skin is good. Nothing as slimy or milky.

im thinking that the tank hasn’t fully stabilise yet

OP
OP
Cankobes

Cankobes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, you say 2-3 "nemo" does that mean you are keeping 3 clownfish in the same tank? if so, that may be another reason, you should only ever have a pair ( or 1 ) otherwise they will fight.

Please stop buying clownfish until you have everything stabled out. Think of them as cats or dogs, if your dog kept dying, you wouldn't just go to the shelter the next day and get a new one, that would be animal abuse. This is animal abuse
That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe brook or a remote possibility.. Lack of sufficient aeration.
Could that possibly be eventho the pump is running

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of deaths are we talking? Are the fish new and then dying? What’s acclimation like if so. Could there be fighting amongst themselves? Also how big of a water change did you do after cycle was done? Maybe a 50% water change could fix the nitrites.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, it is clownfish,my bad .
I have 3 tanks in total, all containing 3 clownfish each. All of the tank was cycled with saltwater for 3 month.
Tank one
Nitrate = 50
Nitrite = 5
Tank two
Nitrate = 25
Nitrite = 2
Tank 3
Nitrate = 25
Nitrite =1
All Ammonia is 0
All Salinity is at 30ppt
Temperature is 25-27 degree celcius
My tank is equipped with pump filter,biofilter and crushed coral

The tanks should have just 2 clownfish each. How big are the tanks?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back