OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still looks quite nice to me. Actually, considering everything the tank and you have been through, I think it faired very well!

What kind of wavemaker do you have in it and what sort of flow do you push?
It's a Current USA wavemaker running Surge at 30%; I'm using the same type of wavemaker for the reef. Happy with the performance, but the only other wavemaker that I have owned was a Jaebo ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been a while since you've given any updates. What's new or different?

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 , right you are, it's been too long - thanks for checking in; been focusing on outside landscaping to get things planted before it gets really HOT! A month or so ago I started dosing Brightwell Coral Aminos and it does seem that coral colors have become slightly more brilliant. Today I received my BRS order for Korallen LPS Amino concentrate and Phol's Coral Vitalizer (they're on sale, so giving them a try :)

Overall, tank is doing well, although calcium uptake is down way below alkalinity uptake; not sure why. At some level I think the tank is still recovering from the second major move and coral growth had slowed. May also be related to my dosing of Tropic Marin Part C, which also seems to be responsible for elevated Mg levels. So a bit more testing and tweaking until the tank stabilizes again.

Hope all is well on your side, and apologies for being out of touch!

ReefFTS-5027.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 , right you are, it's been too long - thanks for checking in; been focusing on outside landscaping to get things planted before it gets really HOT! A month or so ago I started dosing Brightwell Coral Aminos and it does seem that coral colors have become slightly more brilliant. Today I received my BRS order for Korallen LPS Amino concentrate and Phol's Coral Vitalizer (they're on sale, so giving them a try :)

Overall, tank is doing well, although calcium uptake is down way below alkalinity uptake; not sure why. At some level I think the tank is still recovering from the second major move and coral growth had slowed. May also be related to my dosing of Tropic Marin Part C, which also seems to be responsible for elevated Mg levels. So a bit more testing and tweaking until the tank stabilizes again.

Hope all is well on your side, and apologies for being out of touch!

ReefFTS-5027.jpg

I would imagine those two moves upset a bit of the balance but, more importantly, the consistency of the system. All in all, it still looks nice!

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS mentioned a good point in one of their videos - over the past few years their focus has been on corals, but fish bring a color and movement to the reef aquarium that's been somewhat ignored. I've decided to take a rest from coral acquisition and let the current frags and colonies grow out, and to add some color and movement, I purchased some Chromis and Pajama Cardinals :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS mentioned a good point in one of their videos - over the past few years their focus has been on corals, but fish bring a color and movement to the reef aquarium that's been somewhat ignored. I've decided to take a rest from coral acquisition and let the current frags and colonies grow out, and to add some color and movement, I purchased some Chromis and Pajama Cardinals :)

And a little Jethro!

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef chemistry is finally stabilizing; This tank has been torn down and moved twice in the last 10 months, so it’s a bit of a miracle that is thriving after so much trauma

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef chemistry is finally stabilizing; This tank has been torn down and moved twice in the last 10 months, so it’s a bit of a miracle that is thriving after so much trauma

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear things are leveling out for you. After several attempts, I could not get the video to load.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not loading for me and it seems your thread is the only one where I've encountered issues. Not only can I not see the video but I also cannot quote anything. I'll keep checking back.

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I tried uploading the video to YouTube, which I have done many times before, but received a message that the upload failed. Looks like my tech karma is suffering a glitch ;-) Anyway, here's another attempt of sharing the video directly to R2R...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back